What do y'all think this car is worth?

1967 Pontiac GTO
    13K on rebuilt 400 and TH400 trans
    Not numbers matching.
    New suspension/steering parts
    Apparently a Southern California car with zero rust
    Attached Files

Any GOAT Guys Here?

No idea on value, but I do love a GTO...positively beautiful lines.

As an uninformed amateur...

Don’t like the auto, but if it fits the car, ok.

Is the color a factory option for that year?

Should that intake tie into the hood? (Cowl induction) how hard are the correct parts to find, if so.

Like the factory rally wheels, are they correct?

Something about the open trunk pic is cut up, but the other shot of the rear looks right.

LOVE that’s not all butchered up and half assed. Not crazy about chrome valve covers.

Mostly I’m just checking in to hear more from guys who know. My dad was a muscle car guy, and I have a love for them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-07-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

It is worth $500 and I will give you a $1000 because I like you.
      One of the greatest muscle cars...my brother had one with a tri-power on it and i used to steal it for dates. Man she would snort.

Comment

It will be worth what someone is willing to pay but I have seen matching number cars sell for $17-$18.
        That isn’t a matching number car.....$14-$15???

Comment

I think the 67"s should have still had a 389 motor not a 400. Would it be a swap from the original?

Comment

Nice custom resto. Is that over spray on the truck lid weather strip liner?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              No idea on value, but I do love a GTO...positively beautiful lines.

As an uninformed amateur...

Don’t like the auto, but if it fits the car, ok.

Is the color a factory option for that year?

Should that intake tie into the hood? (Cowl induction) how hard are the correct parts to find, if so.

Like the factory rally wheels, are they correct?

Something about the open trunk pic is cut up, but the other shot of the rear looks right.

LOVE that’s not all butchered up and half assed. Not crazy about chrome valve covers.

Mostly I’m just checking in to hear more from guys who know. My dad was a muscle car guy, and I have a love for them as well.

I noticed the cut up pic on the trunk close up. Not sure what the deal is with that. As far as your other questions, I am not sure and would love to hear from guys that know more. Like you I am a muscle car fan, but do not know all of the intricate details. I have posted this on a GTO forum and none of those snobs have questioned any of those details so I am fairly confident that they are accurate or close enough that they don't say something and we know how people on the net are.

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
              It is worth $500 and I will give you a $1000 because I like you.
              One of the greatest muscle cars...my brother had one with a tri-power on it and i used to steal it for dates. Man she would snort.
              I am actually contemplating buying this car and trying to figure out of this guy is close on his pricing.

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
              I think the 67"s should have still had a 389 motor not a 400. Would it be a swap from the original?
              No, 67 was the first year of the 400. That was a discussion my Dad and I had about the car so I had to look it up.

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Nice custom resto. Is that over spray on the truck lid weather strip liner?
              I'll have to go back and look.

Comment

I think you'll lose a lot of the snobs on a GTO forum pretty quick, just by not knowing the answers to these questions, or looking them up. I wouldn't sweat that.

There are a lot of really knowledgeable guys on here who can help you out with a lot of these questions. I would try to get the VIN, a lot of guys can help you out with that info.

If you love the car, none of the rest really matters....but those little details will really tell the tale on price.

Also I'm not sure about that "wood" on the dash, but the experts will know.

It's a beautiful car, either way...just need some details to get your price nailed down.

My pur guess would be around 12k to maybe 14k....but I'm really not sure.

Comment

Back in 1980 when I was just discovering cars and 4x4s my uncle had just bought one - I remember it clearly (metallic silver color and it was immaculate) and asking my grandad about it and it was the first time I heard the term “Goat”! 40 years later I still think about that car!

Comment

Depending on the quality of the work and paint I'd say 20-25k.

Comment

I think you should go to eBay to get an idea of the price. There's a pretty wide range of prices but I'd recommend you take a deep breath first...

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        Depending on the quality of the work and paint I'd say 20-25k.
                        I’ve been watching them for a few years and I could see it in this price range, as long as it wasn’t just thrown together.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the 400 was the optional engine for this year and nearly positive it became standard in ‘68 with the body style change.

From the pics it seems like a good looking car but it is what it is, probably just an assortment of pics that looked the best out of numerous others that were taken. While I’m more fond of the ‘64-65 cars I’d definitely take a closer look at this one if I were in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                          I think you should go to eBay to get an idea of the price. There's a pretty wide range of prices but I'd recommend you take a deep breath first...
                          I have looked at Hagerty and NADA for values and know that those can be off a bit based on my Jeep. Have also looked at Hemings, Classic Autotrader and classiccars.com. My hopes are that some more knowledgeable GTO guys can look at the pictures and tell me that certain things are definitely not right or throwing red flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                            I have looked at Hagerty and NADA for values and know that those can be off a bit based on my Jeep. Have also looked at Hemings, Classic Autotrader and classiccars.com. My hopes are that some more knowledgeable GTO guys can look at the pictures and tell me that certain things are definitely not right or throwing red flags.
                            I that case, get the VIN and do some research. Also see if you can find the RPO codes and check them against what the VIN research comes back with for things like, making sure it’s not just a rebadged Le Mans that’s been dressed up.

The RPO codes on a lot of vehicles are on a sticker located in the glove box, bottom side of the box itself facing upward into the compartment. I’m not sure if that would be true in this case but it would be a good place to start looking. If they’re not there, do a search for where they should be and see what comes up.

Comment

Apparently the motor came out of either a 68 or 69 GTO and the previous owner had repainted the car and changed the color to the current red. Thinking it is worth far less than his asking price of $37,500.

Comment

Working...
                              X