Mossberg Patriot Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mossberg Patriot Rifles

Who has some experience with these rifles? Are they decent? My dad has the MVP scout and that is sweet shooting rifle, but I have no experience with the patriot line.

Thanks,
    John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to be "that guy", as I don't have personal experience with one, but one of my hunting buddies bought a cheap youth sized 243 and he loves it. It is his go to truck gun and has taken several deer with it. Personally, I tended to go the Savage Axis or Ruger American route when I was looking at guns in that price range.

Comment

Picked one up in 300WM few months back. Painted stock , threaded barrel, required an adaptor for the deadman. Threw on a Caldwell and a loopy 3x9x40. Got it sighted in and a box down range at ~1 MOA

I love it. It is what it is with all the plastic but whatever . I don’t wince everytime it bangs on something and it shoots where I point. Took it on an axis hunt in July and dropped a buck at 60 ish (lol I know) yards.

Comment

Pops won one in 243 years ago and had no use for it so he gave it to little man! Took a sawzall to the stock to get it to fit him and he's taken all kinds of critters with it! Dropped an axis buck this year and killed an 8 the other day at 80yds. I killed a coyote with it at 165 yards a couple years ago. Nikon 3x9x40 on top. We've been happy with it!

Comment

I have one in a 338 win mag with the fluted barrel and walnut stock recoil is tolerable and accuracy is great. Have taken deer, nilgai, hog, and aoudad with it no regrets on the purchase!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1129.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	24638440

Comment

I have one in 30-06 wood stock that is ammo picky and only gets 1 1/2 inch groups with what it likes. My son has one in the synthetic stock in .308 that shoots lights out under one inch with everything we have tried. Mossberg LBA Triggers are nice similar to accu-trigger in the savage.

Comment

Bought one in 375 Ruger. Was very impressed when sighting it in. Shoots less than 1 inch groups at 100 yard range. I would certainly buy again as it changed my thought on the Mossberg bolt action line of rifles. I have no complaints with it.

Comment

I bought one a few months ago from someone on this site and love it. Very accurate. Mine is a .270 and I got it nib.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                  Hate to be "that guy", as I don't have personal experience with one, but one of my hunting buddies bought a cheap youth sized 243 and he loves it. It is his go to truck gun and has taken several deer with it. Personally, I tended to go the Savage Axis or Ruger American route when I was looking at guns in that price range.
                  Exactly my buddy’s experience. They shoot a lot of whitetails and axis each year with it. I too prefer my Ruger and savages.

BP

Comment

Have a 243 in Walnut that is a great shooter. It is also a nice looking rifle. I have it tucked away for when one of my grandsons is ready for his first deer rifle.

Comment

I also have one in .338 win mag. Bullet goes where you point it. Recoil isn't anything to cry about. I did slap a Boyd's thumbhole on mine.

Comment

Got one in .243 for my son about 5 or 6 years ago and it has been great! It is a tack driver and he has killed 4 deer with it and 2 were really nice large northern deer in Wisconsin.

Comment

I just bought an MVP-LC in 5.56 and haven't put anything on it yet (including a scope) so I haven't even shot it yet. I was gonna build a gun but I had the Cabelas points so I went ahead and purchased. I'm still debating on selling it to do a build. We'll see. Maybe I'll be able to make up my mind after I loose some bullets through it.

Comment

Thanks all for the input. I do like my Savage and Ruger American.

Comment

Almost looks like it would be worth it to pick one up and just put a Boyds stock on it and you would have a great rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X