Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashton's 2020 Tom Green County Buck

And her Dads Management/Cull 7 point:

Ashton and I made a Thanksgiving weekend trip out west to my south of Christoval lease grounds.

On the drive out Saturday morning we discussed a few possible candidates that I knew of that she could shoot. One was a old 9 point that had been showing up on camera a little bit in the last few weeks with the other two being mature solid 8 points, just lacking in tine length.

In passing I jokingly mentioned that for her to get a buck tag, she first needed to help me out on does................................ Sooooooooo, First thing Saturday evening my phone vibrates and the text reads "OK sir, now where is my buck tag????????" Yep, she smoked an old doe right off the bat, first deer of the trip down.

Sunday morning started with a very dense fog that made visibility horrible at best. The feeder I hunted that morning is 40 yards from my ground blind and it was 8:05 before the fog lifted enough to see deer eating on the opposite side. Ashton's area was no better.

Sunday evening found her and I hunting our far south pasture where I was lucky enough to kill a mature 7 point that filled one of my management/cull tags. Ashton on the other hand was covered up in solid bucks, just not the one......

Yesterday morning rolled around and right off the bat my phone vibrates and reads, "Old 9 just jumped in pen but followed a young doe to the north." Five minutes later: "Just shoot a high tight heavy 8, double lung"......."I am shaking so bad this hole blind is moving".... So my brain starts spinning trying to figure out what deer she just shoot. I start quizzing her and all I get is "Dad he's big and old.....and dead, I think I doubled lunged him"

An hour later I gather all my stuff and start to head her way, when my phone starts ringing: "Dad, he is dead right here, made it maybe 50 yards, he is nice"

Yep, she did good on a buck I have never seen or ever had on camera, love new bucks!

So we ended up the short Thanksgiving trip with 3 deer down.

Hope each enjoyed.

God bless.

Rwc
    Attached Files

My 7 point.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the buck!!

Comment

Par for the course with the Chambers crew! Well done.

Comment

Y'all some stone cold killers! Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            Par for the course with the Chambers crew! Well done.
            Thanks my friend, you coming up Friday?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              Thanks my friend, you coming up Friday?

Rwc
              I will not be able to make it, so my mom will have to cheer loud enough for me and we know that will not be a problem.

Tell Breck, good luck!

I shot you a PM.

Comment

Well done!!!

I always look forward to these threads. Y’all don’t mess around. Big congrats to Ashton and you on the bow kills.

Getting a lot of good blood on that new VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                  Well done!!!

I always look forward to these threads. Y’all don’t mess around. Big congrats to Ashton and you on the bow kills.

Getting a lot of good blood on that new VXR.
                  Just lucky I guess. Yep the VXR is starting to grow on me....ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Congrats to you both! Letting that new Mathews eats! Great deer!

Comment

Two good deer, congrats to the both of you !!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Congrats to you both! Letting that new Mathews eats! Great deer!
                        VXR is shooting well, impressed with it so for.

Appreciate all the kind comments.

Rwc

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Congrats to Ashton and you as well Richard!

Comment

Congrats to you both, looks like the Chambers won't be hurting for venison.

Comment

Working...
                              X