Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
    Diamondback, hands down.

What do you do if you need to put something big back there?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      What do you do if you need to put something big back there?

Comes off in matter of minutes.
      The top can hold 1600lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I made the switch after 24 years and I love it. I'd look at the Bakflip MX4 over a rollup myself. Lease member had his roll up bouncing around on our lease and driving down the highway.

But either way, I like the coverage for the bed stuff during the rainy lease trips as well as the dusty lease trips.

[ATTACH]1030280[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1030281[/ATTACH]

I have the same cover on my truck and love it!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have had the retrax for 2 years, gets lots of use. No issues so far

Comment

Not nearly as popular compared to the backflip but I got a Solid Fold 2.0 second hand and I’ve been extremely impressed. Very easy to take completely off. And I actually swap it between two trucks as my old dodge has the same 6’4” bed. Takes 2-3 minutes tops. Took it in a pretty hard rain and only had a slight drop of water come in due to drop in beeline but didn’t even get anything inside. It will hold 700lbs on top of you are feeling creative but gives me a feeling of solid security.

My dad runs a Bakflip g2 and because it sit inside the bed his deer hauling cooler was too tall.

Comment

I have a roll n lock . I like it . Probably won’t have another truck without one .

Comment

On my second truck with a bakflip.

Unfortunately, it got broken into and I had to learn a hard lesson. The latch assemblies are only riveted into the thin aluminum and styrofoam shell. A flat bar between the tailgate and the bakflip separates the latch assembly with little effort. You have to beef up the assemblies with some extra hardware to add additional security.

Other than that I'm like the rest, looks good, keeps stuff dry. Dont forsake the greatness of cable locks though. Lol.

Comment

Roll n lock 15 years on same truck.

Comment

Originally posted by codypatt1 View Post
                    diamondback, hands down.

ditto!

Comment

Get the Roll-N-Lock A-Series Tonneau Cover from RealTruck fast with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Our team of product experts, extensive image galleries, and legendary customer service make it easy to get the right part the first time.

First one I’ve owned and have it on a 2018 GMC. Been a solid unit. Serves my specifics.

Comment

I have the undercover armourflex on my ram 2500. Has the line x coating, love it.

Comment

Just go all the way and get a camper topper and never look back !

Comment

I passed on the Diamondback as it wouldn't work for us (or the feed store hands) filling the bed with corn/protein without working around that center pivot and half open doors .....nor filling a feeder from the bed like we do. That being said they are some good looking mofos.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I passed on the Diamondback as it wouldn't work for us (or the feed store hands) filling the bed with corn/protein without working around that center pivot and half open doors .....nor filling a feeder from the bed like we do. That being said they are some good looking mofos.
                              The Diamondback seems by all accounts to be a great cover but I was worried it'd be hard to work around/remove. I've had a Bakflip which was a really nice cover, no real complaints other than I couldn't get it as water tight as I would have liked. I attribute that as a likely case of user error as I installed it and must have missed something, Extang Solid Fold (really didn't like that for a lot of reasons and would never buy again), and the UnderCover Ultra Flex which has been the best of them all thus far.

I'm a huge fan of having a cover, and think you'd be happy if you went that route.
                              Last edited by mzurovec; 11-30-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I had a tool box on my last truck. Had it on there for 15 yrs. When I bought my 2020 I went with a Retrax retractable cover. I can say I didn't realize how much stuff I had in my old tool box. With the new cover I condensed down to only the necessities. But I love having the ability to load the bed and lock it with the cover. I haven't hauled anything large yet, but have been thinking about how it will work. I like the change so far.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X