Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Air B&B Litigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well all, thanks for the comments and really did not get anything I did not know, but was hoping to see where someone had won the battle, lol?

I will say for those who have never lived in the situation we are in, it's a challenge to say the least. I'm all for individual rights until they infringe on others and again, 31 home owners who lived on basically a big cul-de-sac that "used" to be quiet and what I call secure. The increased traffic is one thing, but again, blocking access and trash, parties and all I stated in the OP?

I just hope NONE of you ever get into this situation? You may change your mind when it happens to you? Several of us who have spent $$ decided this evening we are not going to funnel another $20K we were quoted by our Attorney to file a lawsuit that has not shown any success in previous suits.

Oh, talking to one of my Real Estate Agent friends tomorrow and then hopefully done with the BS. Viva Air B&B...it's a lifestyle you won't soon forget...if you face what we have been dealing with.

Comment

Rent

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
      Here is my take. Sorry that you have a bad neighbor but he owns the place and he should be able to rent it out if he wants too. That is how ownership should work. The only solution should be to buy him out or move yourself. His rights don't stop just because his neighbors do not like him.

-john
      Agree!!!

Comment

How much does he get a night for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          Have you tried talking to the realtor that sold you that piece of junk in such a bad neighborhood?
          Not sure how many skipped over this, but I got a laugh out of it!

Comment

Just invite a bunch of biker friends over to hang out in your neighborhood, blocking the streets and such so that they can't get to the property. And if they do eventually get into the place, the bikers will just invite themselves to the party, trash the place and that'll be the end of it. lol

Or you could just hang out in the front yard watering your shrubs in your speedo............kind of like a Christmas vacation sh***er's full kind of thing. lol

Sorry, just trying to interject a little humor. It sucks, I have a rental place next door that's long term rental, but the last several families that live there haven't been "salt of the earth" types either.
            Last edited by Puggy625; 12-01-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Wife and I have been looking and I am thankful that she is involved in real estate Planning and Zoning. She asks 100 questions about areas that I wouldn’t think of. Short term rentals - height restrictions- and the list goes on. She has heard many horror stories just like you are experiencing.

Comment

Do you have his address in Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  Unethethical but each of you 31 could take turns renting the house for 1 night and leave bad reviews. That should slow the traffic down.
                  Best idea yet

Does he have video cameras on or in his home ?
                  Last edited by wellingtontx; 12-01-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Deed restrictions are worthless as soon as the 1st one is allowed to be broken.
                    I learned this in October. Enforcing a deed restriction on one property is moot unless you address every single broken restriction going back to the time it was set. We have 3 homes, probably more, that operate legitimate businesses out of their homes. People wanted to shut down the guy that gets an 18 wheeler delivery of product every month that takes up 1/2 the main street for 4-6 hours while unloading. Can't do anything since several people are operating businesses and violated property easements.

Again, what makes this home so desirable that renters want it? Waterfront?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      If the police have been notified and haven’t discovered that to be the case then whats next?? Post on the internet is what’s next. I get bothered when people ride their bikes on the highway, but it’s legal for them to do so.

I hear you but I’ve also had a bad neighbor and was frustrated by law enforcement’s lack of enforcement of the law. Just because the cops haven’t done anything doesn’t mean there’s nothing wrong with the situation.
                      I’m a property rights advocate but I also tend towards decency and respect for your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I hear you but I’ve also had a bad neighbor and was frustrated by law enforcement’s lack of enforcement of the law. Just because the cops haven’t done anything doesn’t mean there’s nothing wrong with the situation.
                        I’m a property rights advocate but I also tend towards decency and respect for your neighbors.

No doubt, being a good neighbor is easy. If it would **** you off, don’t do it to others. When decency is out the window and people aren’t considerate to each other is when this kind of problem arises. An absentee owner is the problem because it’s not his problem anymore.

Comment

You should pool together and buy him out other than that he made an investment and is capitalizing on said investment

Comment

My guess is that Kuma reached out to said Patel via email. The poor innkeeper couldn’t figure out what Kuma was trying to say. Between using question marks at the end of statements and the random use of quotation marks, the poor innkeeper didn’t know if he was being told, asked a question or doing a word search puzzle

Comment

Everyday when you come home turn off his water and pull electrical disconnect. Open cable box disconnect cable/phone and zip tie back closed. That should generate enough bad reviews and muddy the water. You could also shove rags in the vent pipes on the roof or dead chickens down the chimney. Bit I wouldn't know anything about this nor am O condoning or giving advice. I've just heard these have made the news in the past.

Comment

I love having my primary residence in a private, gated, and strictly regulated HOA neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X