No announcement yet.

Air B&B Litigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he not violating any of the existing Deed restrictions? I would start hammering him on those. Lots of people violate their building setback lines and don't even realize it. Look on your appraisal districts website if he is claiming a homestead exemption, as that would be tax fraud.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
      Is he not violating any of the existing Deed restrictions? I would start hammering him on those. Lots of people violate their building setback lines and don't even realize it. Look on your appraisal districts website if he is claiming a homestead exemption, as that would be tax fraud.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
      Start here.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
        This is the best idea so far. I am sure some of the TBH crew could be counted on for leaving bad reviews/comments etc
        If you leave bad reviews without actually staying at the house you can be liable for slander.

Comment

That is a tough situation. I have a vrbo but am very mindful of neighbors. I limit number of guest and no music after 8pm. Good luck

Comment

rentals always have problems with arson

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
              rentals always have problems with arson

LOL [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                If you leave bad reviews without actually staying at the house you can be liable for slander.
                Kuma, send me a link to said ABB

Comment

It would be a shame if his listing was to get swarmed. Can you imagine the work if suddenly he had to deal with hundreds of people a day asking all kinds of questions then not renting, that would probably wear a fellow out to the point of not even having the energy to rent the place

Comment

Or burn it down.
                    Just kidding.
                    Make the tennants miserable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                      It would be a shame if his listing was to get swarmed. Can you imagine the work if suddenly he had to deal with hundreds of people a day asking all kinds of questions then not renting, that would probably wear a fellow out to the point of not even having the energy to rent the place
                      If only there was a group online that was prone to helping people gain knowledge about cats and such.

Comment

Sounds like they make a killing renting it out. Wouldn’t sell, buy another home and you also can make money renting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                          I agree with the above. From a legal standpoint, I'm not sure. However, as an example, my parents live in a large bay-house community; which put restrictions on short-term rentals several years ago (probably 20 + years ago). However, there still are a few homes that are "grandfathered in" and allowed short-term rentals. That was due to them being owned prior to the restrictions. What I'm not sure about is why that was done. Was it to appease some owners to get the restrictions passed or did they not have the legal rights to do so?

Regardless, it sounds like your situation stinks. I would hate to live next to a short-term rental and have new people coming and going all the time. Not to mention any that are on vacation..
                          Wouldn't happen to be Tiki Island?
                          Last edited by Gclyde28; 11-30-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                            Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                            If only there was a group online that was prone to helping people gain knowledge about cats and such.
                            If only.....

Comment

Make sure the tax man knows the house is and has been a commercial property. The owner will be taxed as a business as the rental and commercial property tax as well. If it is commercial you can check the deed also. Most subdivisions no matter the age have business restriction for just this purpose buried in the doc's somewhere.

Comment

Here is my take. Sorry that you have a bad neighbor but he owns the place and he should be able to rent it out if he wants too. That is how ownership should work. The only solution should be to buy him out or move yourself. His rights don't stop just because his neighbors do not like him.

-john

Comment

Working...
                                X