Carta Valley area hunting updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carta Valley area hunting updates

We have a lease in Carta Valley and it’s our first year out. I know this area was hit pretty hard a few years back with anthrax, but this will be about 2.5-3yrs since the event. We are still seeing no bucks. We have water troughs every 200 yards or so around the property, feeding protein and corn year round. Is anyone else having these issues?

Originally posted by nckrsamford View Post
    We have a lease in Carta Valley and it’s our first year out. I know this area was hit pretty hard a few years back with anthrax, but this will be about 2.5-3yrs since the event. We are still seeing no bucks. We have water troughs every 200 yards or so around the property, feeding protein and corn year round. Is anyone else having these issues?
    2.5 to 3 years? Try last year. We were hunting out there and the area got hit hard last year.

Comment

Yeah saw several threads about it last year. Someone is not being honest with you.

Comment

That area got pummeled last year. It will be another 3-5 years before some people start seeing decent deer again.

Comment

I just talked to the last people that leased the property and they said that they were there for 5 years and never saw much there. They told me that they only got about 3-4 spikes off of there out of the 5 years. No axis or anything else. I didn’t know they got hit hard last year too.

Comment

Yes sir, it was last year.

Comment

Working...
            X