True Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Story

I was shopping for groceries at Walmart for opening weekend deer camp. I kept meeting a married couple in their 50`s on every aisle. I left my buggy which had adult beverage`s in it and walked down the aisle for something and the couple did the same, leaving their buggy close to mine. While walking back to my buggy, the man had my buggy and his wife walked up to him and said that not ours, looked in the buggy and saw the adult beverages and then looked at him and said with a nasty face....... you don`t drink. I walked up to my buggy, looked at him and said with a grin.......It`s never to late to start and walked off. Neither one of them said a word... made my day.

I get the feeling at some point he started and couldn't stop well.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      I get the feeling at some point he started and couldn't stop well.
      I think you are spot on.

Comment

buggy

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
          I was shopping for groceries at Walmart for opening weekend deer camp. I kept meeting a married couple in their 50`s on every aisle. I left my buggy which had adult beverage`s in it and walked down the aisle for something and the couple did the same, leaving their buggy close to mine. While walking back to my buggy, the man had my buggy and his wife walked up to him and said that not ours, looked in the buggy and saw the adult beverages and then looked at him and said with a nasty face....... you don`t drink. I walked up to my buggy, looked at him and said with a grin.......It`s never to late to start and walked off. Neither one of them said a word... made my day.

Lol!! That’s greatness right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            buggy
            I grew up working in our family grocery store, we called them buggies too. I still do.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              I grew up working in our family grocery store, we called them buggies too. I still do.
              I started gathering buggies out of a Winn Dixie parking lot and sacking groceries when I was 16 years old for 2.20 an hour. It ended up being a 31 year career and a pretty good living. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                I started gathering buggies out of a Winn Dixie parking lot and sacking groceries when I was 16 years old for 2.20 an hour. It ended up being a 31 year career and a pretty good living. True story.
                I started part time at 13 in 1991 and I think it was for about $3.15 an hour. That $22 check on Friday felt like a thousand dollars....

Comment

Working...
                X