X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just sounds dumb.

I can't handle dumb people.

Comment

Some people blow my mind..... how grateful he should be to get to go sit and see deer I’m sure was never mentioned..... I have sat 16 times this year- so let’s say conservatively 50-60 hours, and I’m yet to see a deer.... lol. Someday he’ll understand or he won’t. Good on you for taking him and giving your friend the opportunity to harvest a beautiful animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        Sounds like a case of "no harm; no foul". Your friend didn't do anything wrong. Apparently, he thought the 8 was inferior to the 10 and hence more of a cull? There is certainly nothing that happened to get him banned from the place. You are a good friend to let him shoot pigs until you help him better understand how and why you manage the place the way you do.

This right here below is what he did wrong imo. Does it get him banned? Not completely, but it sure would put a bad taste in my mouth when I think I'm giving a guy something he will appreciate and then he tells me its not good enough for him. That's when I move my "giving deer opportunities" on to somebody who would appreciate it. But that just me....

"I took a friend to Llano last week who wanted to shoot "a deer for the freezer." Turns out he didn't want to shoot a doe or an old buck for the freezer. He wanted to shoot a buck for the wall. Strange how that happens once you get in a blind.

Comment

You need better friends. I need better friends. Where do I turn in my application?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guests are not allowed until after Thanksgiving, pull off paid hunters tags and can ONLY shot 1 doe. No exceptions. The rules are clear and communicated ahead of time. He would not be allowed back and the paid hunter would be gone. People have no idea the amount of work and money it takes to manage a lease. Plus, we have zero drama policy.

Comment

And that is why I don't bring guest during deer season

Comment

Pics of the cull 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  Pics of the cull 10?
                  The very first picture I believe.

OP, you’re a better man than I am. I’d have told him to pound sand once he said he wants a wall hanger.

If you really value his friendship, offer to teach him how to age deer on the hoof and explain that a deer’s spread is not a indication of age.

Hell, I love the high and tight racks, they tend to score higher than the wide ones.

Comment

I dont understand people. If I'm a guest I will shoot what my host wants me to shoot.

Comment

Also, everybody calls and texts me how I’m doing and if I need any help at the ranch this time of year. I tell them the ranch work is done in the summer. Kids are a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                        Also, everybody calls and texts me how I’m doing and if I need any help at the ranch this time of year. I tell them the ranch work is done in the summer. Kids are a different story.
                        It’s amazing how that works, isn’t it?

Comment

I find life simpler to hunt by myself and let my friends do the same. You will definitely avoid situations like the OP’s by doing it.
                          I get invited to hunt quite a bit on a few friend’s places, and I haven’t been to a single one’s place. These are also the same “friends” who will expect me to reciprocate by taking them to my place in Oklahoma...thank you but no thank you.

Comment

Si se me da la oportunidad de matar un venado como ese estaría muy agradecido y dispuesto a colaborar con el costo del mismo $$$ o incluso hacer algún trabajo en el rancho a manera de regresar algo.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                              I find life simpler to hunt by myself and let my friends do the same. You will definitely avoid situations like the OP’s by doing it.
                              I get invited to hunt quite a bit on a few friend’s places, and I haven’t been to a single one’s place. These are also the same “friends” who will expect me to reciprocate by taking them to my place in Oklahoma...thank you but no thank you.
                              And this^^^^^folks is called wisdom.....

Comment

Wow that meat deer is a beautiful buck dirt nap on the green light

Comment

Working...
                                X