Bald Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald Eagle

Shot a pig yesterday about 200 yds out in front of the house. As normal had buzzards buffet early this morning. But about 10:30 we had this guy show up. Really cool to watch them feed. Sorry about pic it’s cell phone through Binos. We live about 5 miles east of lake Buchanan.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3601.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	25234022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3602.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24638274

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
      Shot a pig yesterday about 200 yds out in front of the house. As normal had buzzards buffet early this morning. But about 10:30 we had this guy show up. Really cool to watch them feed. Sorry about pic it’s cell phone through Binos. We live about 5 miles east of lake Buchanan.[ATTACH]1030034[/ATTACH]

Nice I have seen them here on the side of the road eating a dead Dillo.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Such cool birds!! I've only seen a few here in Texas.

Comment

Cool. It's been more than 10 years but I've seen one twice over Lake Ray Hubbard.

Comment

Almost as big as the hog!

Comment

'merica!

Comment

Pretty sure there is a pair nesting within 10mi of my place

Of course like someone else said, they could come from Lake Fork and wouldn't take them that long

Had several game cam pics with one on a dead hog. The big surprise was the pair of Caracaras that are here

Comment

They are beautiful birds I had two land in a tree close to where I hunt once. It’s pretty awesome to be able to watch them

Comment

Ive had them eat on my pig pile too in Cooke County. Saw one this evening flying by when I was in the stand.

Comment

Seeing them never gets old! I’ve been fortunate to see several in east Texas over the last couple of years.

Comment

I've seen them in Wharton and Ft. Bend counties, as I understand it they follow the waterfowl migration down here.

Comment

We have a few pair around here in spring and the woodlands. Always see them on the banks on lake woodlands and here in south Montgomery county. Saw one the other day flying over the house and seen one on a dead deer of Riley fuzzel road here. Had to slow down and stop because it wouldn’t fly off, it was dead in the road. Giant birds is right.
                            Last edited by kurt68; 11-29-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I'm always surprised that you folks in Texas don't have bald eagles. I saw 7 on a road kill deer last week. We have alot of them here in MN.

Comment

Working...
                              X