Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW 100+ yd Rifle Ranges???

Aight gents and ladies,

My little brother bought and Axis 2 6.5 creedmoor but doesn’t know a lot about hunting or shooting. Gonna take him out to get the rifle sighted in and work on shooting form and technique. Ideally looking for a range with greater than 100 yd distance.

Thloghts?

If your in Denton, Quail Creek just down I35 is great. Good Staff.

Comment

Quail Creek has only out to 100

Comment

With his lack of experience I’d say there’s no need for more than 100 yards just yet.

Comment

Fossil point north of decatur goes out to 200 yards.

Comment

Triple C. Has to 2000...

Comment

Garland Gun Range, https://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/gpsr/welcome.htm

Comment

Fossil Pointe has 250-800 if your qualified by them

Comment

Way out west goes to 200. Might be a little drive for you but it's a nice range

Comment

Arlington Sportsmans Club has a 200. Need to go with a member though.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                      With his lack of experience I’d say there’s no need for more than 100 yards just yet.
                      This. And learning trigger squeeze, I'd say maybe 50 yds or less with a .22 first.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        This. And learning trigger squeeze, I'd say maybe 50 yds or less with a .22 first.
                        This

Comment

Range in Terrell that goes out to 1500yds I believe. I’ll see if I can locate the name of it. It’s just south of I-20.

Comment

Elm Fork in Dallas has 100 yard range

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the help. My brother actually has shooting experience, just not long range. He’s a top tier athlete with excellent coordination and I’m sure he’ll be shooting sub-MOA right away. Looks like we’ll be going to Quail Creek simply because they open earliest the day we need to go, but I’m saving the rest of these for future use.

Best of luck to everybody through the rest of the season.

Nate

Comment

Working...
                              X