Krivoman Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman Issue?

Just bought a Kman blind this season and love it, however a few weeks ago after a shower of rain I noticed water on top of 4 of the 6 windows on the inside. So, i caulked above the window and on the sides of windows out side the blind......thought I fixed the problem. Today i went out to hunt and soon as I open the blind puddles of water under every window. Anyone else have this issue. I did not have a heater on in either case. Has anyone used Enterbond/flex seal on the outside? I was surprised how much water collected after I caulked the first time.
    I am no slamming Kman blinds just looking for a resolution. I love the blind. Thanks for any suggestions?

Mine leaked where the window frame attached to the blind i siliconed the heck out of them two year’s ago no more leaks

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Mine leaked where the window frame attached to the blind i siliconed the heck out of them two year’s ago no more leaks
      You caulked on the outside, correct?

I used window caulk laytex/silicone, maybe I should have used 100% silicone.

Comment

My blinds are the old style there is a window unit that is screwed to the outside of the blind i pulled them off and siliconed between the blind and window unit and hit the seam from the outside as well

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          My blinds are the old style there is a window unit that is screwed to the outside of the blind i pulled them off and siliconed between the blind and window unit and hit the seam from the outside as well
          Thanks. These are a flang on the outside that gets screwed from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
            Thanks. These are a flang on the outside that gets screwed from the outside.
            Is it the new model or old model of the blind?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Is it the new model or old model of the blind?
              I just bought it in late Sept and they were waiting on windows for a week or so. So I am sure it’s new model. I requested premium windows at the time. How do I tell for sure? The vent at the top is the small one.

Comment

Does it have “Krivoman” molded into the front?

Comment

Yes

Comment

http://https://discussions.texasbowh...ictureid=26748

Comment

"The vent at the top is the small one."
                      There is a small hole in the bottom of windows to allow water to drain from the window sash...are you sure they are not upside down. Not sure of the style window they use.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                        "The vent at the top is the small one."
                        There is a small hole in the bottom of windows to allow water to drain from the window sash...are you sure they are not upside down. Not sure of the style window they use.
                        The vent I am referring to is the vent on the top of the blind. The leaks are on the top of window or header of the window. Water is puddling up on top of window header until it runs down the side and pooling on the floor.
                        Unless it is just condensation/sweat from temp change?
                        I am asking is this common or a problem? Seems like a lot if condensate.

Comment

Just reach out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Just reach out to him.
                            Yes just trying to see if anyone else experienced this.

Comment

He is a good person and will help you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X