• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on a great buck! Thanks for sharing the story,

Tennessee remains my favorite state to hunt deer for a lot of reasons. I actually gave up a fantastic long-term piece of private ground in Ohio this year because TN has so much to offer.

The CWD regulations are a more recent headache. I really hate not being able to take my shanks/bone-in roasts, and organs back home to Texas. I now take one large cooler instead of as many as 6 or more.

Comment

Nice buck, congratulations.

Comment

Heck yeah! That's a nice one! Good deal,sticking him twice!

Comment

Awesome buck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
              Congratulations on a great buck! Thanks for sharing the story,

Tennessee remains my favorite state to hunt deer for a lot of reasons. I actually gave up a fantastic long-term piece of private ground in Ohio this year because TN has so much to offer.

The CWD regulations are a more recent headache. I really hate not being able to take my shanks/bone-in roasts, and organs back home to Texas. I now take one large cooler instead of as many as 6 or more.

This was my first time to hunt back home in several years. My best friend and roommate from college got together while I was home and we made a promise to each other to either plan a hunt at home each year or plan a hunt out west when we can.

I definitely feel like Tennessee is underrated, the county I was hunting had a state record non-typical taken from it a few years ago.

Comment

That's a good one! Congrats

Comment

Comment

Hail yeah! Like the palmation

Comment

Great read on a great buck!
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                        This was my first time to hunt back home in several years. My best friend and roommate from college got together while I was home and we made a promise to each other to either plan a hunt at home each year or plan a hunt out west when we can.

I definitely feel like Tennessee is underrated, the county I was hunting had a state record non-typical taken from it a few years ago.

Did you know if you were born in TN you can pay resident prices now? Maybe that’ll help some.

Thanks again for sharing a great story and congrats again on a great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post

Really nice deer, that palmation really sets it off! I can't wait until my daughter can officially move to Nashville for grad school and hopefully stay there for med school. One of my plans is to figure out where to bowhunt as, "Tennessee is definitely underrated!"

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                            Did you know if you were born in TN you can pay resident prices now? Maybe that’ll help some.

Thanks again for sharing a great story and congrats again on a great buck!

I'm a native Texan but we moved to Tennessee when i was 10 and i left after college traveling for work and got back to Texas as soon as i could

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Really nice deer, that palmation really sets it off! I can't wait until my daughter can officially move to Nashville for grad school and hopefully stay there for med school. One of my plans is to figure out where to bowhunt as, "Tennessee is definitely underrated!"
                              My sister lives down by Vanderbilt and teaches high school in the area. They have a decent bit of public land in the area. I know "The Hunting Public" guys and the "Seek" guys recently hunted the Nashville area and i believe they were accessing public land from Percy Priest Lake. My folks don't live far from a power plant in the area that is open to the public. I have a couple buddies who have some farms that i plan on hunting the next time i go home.

Comment

We were looking at townhouses and condos in the Vandy area for our daughter. Very nice area!!! I used to cover Brentwood area for Eli Lilly and would see deer all the time......the doe were huge.....[emoji38]
                                Beautiful part of the country and growing like crazy. The construction cranes downtown were everywhere. I won't be mad getting to bowhunt in that area![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X