No announcement yet.

Back Up Top For The Rest LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason’s deer was 21 1/8” wide. We cooked steaks at camp and poked the fire too late. I sure do love having friends from home in camp! Everyone is dropped off and I’m headed in to do a little hunting myself. I’ll update when light breaks.

Comment

I can hear two bucks fighting to the NE but can’t see them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        Jason’s deer was 21 1/8” wide. We cooked steaks at camp and poked the fire too late. I sure do love having friends from home in camp! Everyone is dropped off and I’m headed in to do a little hunting myself. I’ll update when light breaks.
        Almost as wide as Bonds is tall!

Comment

Jason just shot a nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes he did. Congratulations!!

Comment

Lots of deer at the feeder. Really nice 8 coming

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoss!

Comment

One doe was shot this morning and everyone is ready to be picked up. Wrapping it up this am

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Almost as wide as Bonds is tall!
                    Probably wider lol

Comment

Waiting for more updates

Comment

Yall run out of bullets up there?

Comment

Sorry for checking out on y’all. Honestly I was just enjoying hunting with my buddies and just wanted to do that a little bit. We had a great time and they were a tremendous help. All 3 know good deer when they look at one and have a ton of experience around nice deer. With them all covering stands after they were buck’d out we now have a couple of missing shooters relocated. Officer Ward from Pampa has his wife in the hot seat tonight and she’ll either kill one this evening or in the morning. There’s multiple shooters in that area and 2 have gotten very regular. That’s bad medicine around here.

I had a pretty intense encounter just before daylight this morning... I was parked just off of the county road at the big field where I killed my buck. I have a couple of guys from Nebraska coming that want to hunt with their recurves so I was trying to pin point where exactly this group of deer were going to bed at. I don’t have a tag for that county anymore so my rifle was unloaded in the back seat and I had the spotting scope attached to the window. A black Cadillac (you don’t see a ton of those in Gray Co) pulls up to me and rolls his window down. The exchange went sort of like this:

Me: Good morning
                          Him: What the hell are you doing?!
                          Me: I have this pasture leased and I’m just trying to put a few deer to bed. Can I help you with something?
                          Him: I bet you do... I can tell you one thing! If I see you on my place again I’ll kill your ***!
                          Me: Whoa, hang on sir. Let me get out where we can talk.
                          *We both exit vehicles and extend my hand for a handshake.
                          Me: Let’s start over sir. My name is Steve Phillips and...
                          Him: I DON’T GIVE A ****WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!! DON’T EVER LET ME CATCH YOU ON MY PLACE AGAIN!
                          Me: Sir, I’m not on your place. In fact I’m in the ditch of a public county road on the same side of which I have access to.
                          Him: I SAW YOU!!! WHITE TUNDRA WITH THAT STUPID STICKER ON THE BACK!!! I SAW YOU PULLING OUT OF MY PLACE!!!
                          Me: No sir, you have to be mistaking. I have access to 13,000 acres here on some pretty good ground. I can’t think of any logical reason why I would need to go on your property at all.
                          Him: I’M CALLING THE SHERIFF OFFICE AND THEY’LL THROW YOUR *** IN JAIL!!!
                          Me: Please do. Maybe they’ll deescalate the situation enough that you and I can have a conversation like men. I swear to you sir I’ve never stepped foot on your place.
                          Him: YES YOU DID!!! I SAW Y’ALL!!! YOU SAW ME COMING AND HAULED *** DOWN THE COUNTY TOAD BACK TOWARDS TOWN.
                          Me: It wasn’t me sir. If I ran then wouldn’t it make sense for me to run now? I clearly got out of the truck to shake your hand and introduce myself.
                          Him: I’M CALLING THE LAW!!!
                          Me: Hang on a sec and I’ll write my name and number down so they can contact me.
                          Him: GO TO HELL!!!

So... He leaves and blows his horn for a solid 2 miles. I call the SO and explain the situation. They ask me if I’m wanting to press charges lol. No, of course not! The man genuinely believes he saw me on his property. What I would really like is for an officer to arrange a meeting so we can discuss when this supposedly took place. I have multiple people that can account for my whereabouts at just about any given time from 4:45am-Midnight. They didn’t do that but told me nothing was wrong and to go about my business.

I then called our local GW and explained the situation the same way. He essentially laughed it off and said, “Steve, I’m not worried about you guys in the least. Y’all are squared away and conduct good business. You’re good man.”

And that was basically the highlight since I’ve gone dark on y’all. I’m about to roll into a property and move a couple of stands around and get some hand corn going for the stick bow guys. I’ll keep y’all updated on Officer Ward.

Comment

Sooo.. did you find out which place is his? He must have a biggun over there!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Sooo.. did you find out which place is his? He must have a biggun over there!
                              I’m treating them MUCH BETTER on my side if the fence lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X