No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving is canceled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are just doing same as always its a small family. We have 7 total. just being careful../

Comment

My nephews have been positive in the last week or two, and my wife is worried about missing work if she were to test +, so we're just cooking ribs with her folks, then me and Snoop are heading to deer camp. I havn't changed anything really from the beginning, and I don't really see the point in worrying about it, but whatever.

Comment

The large gathering with the extended family was cancelled a few weeks ago. It's easy to blame COVID, but there had been rumblings the last few years from a few of the families on wanting to take a break from it for a couple years. Many are getting older, the Grandparents that started it are gone, children getting married, everyone living all over the place, etc. COVID just sort of pushed the inevitable.

We are just going to the in-laws for a small gathering. Honestly, I'm not upset. It's not far from our house and I don't have to feel rushed in having to attend more than one gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
          Nope...not living in fear. We will be smart, but after talking with my elderly parents, grandmother and in-laws, the months of isolation and loneliness is much worse than the minuscule risk of catching COVID.
          Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Yep. Those who don’t want to join, don’t have to. But we will have our normal get together. Even in the event of someone catching the Covid, your odds for recovery are pretty overwhelming, even the old folks. My poor grandma was a mess after the initial shut down and everyone avoiding her. She said she would rather be dead than live that way.
          With both of these gents. My grand parents no the risk and at this point not sure how many more get togethers she will have with the family so she want to make the best of the ones that she has left and can't blame her. Not going to not visit when me and mine are healthy and not sick. Now if I had the flu or flu like symptoms I would stay away but would do that any year to keep from getting 30 family members sick.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            My wife and I are having Chinese food and mashed taters.
            I'm kinda glad for no leftovers of nasty *** turkey.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            But that leftover turkey makes a **** good gumbo!

Comment

Nothing has changed for us. Me, the wife, my son and my granddaughter. Just like the last 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                but that leftover turkey makes a **** good sammich!
                fify.

Comment

Same here. Only a couple of people coming. The rest are worried. Who am I to judge them. I'm still spatchcocking and smoking ol Tom though. Looks like there will be plenty of leftovers. 2020 you suck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are scaling back for the sake of my MIL. She is 80 and pretty concerned about getting Covid. So the wife's side agreed to split up into 3 smaller groups this year. So it is us, our sons, DIL, girlfriend, the MIL and our granddaughter.

Comment

My mother in law thinks she is bulletproof so we are By God having Thanksgiving dinner at her house again this year. Which means I hit the road to the deer lease tomorrow evening and I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                        You can give thanks regardless of where you are at. It can never be canceled.
                        Agreed! with 50 million traveling as of this morning I doubt cancellation is a issue.......lol! My parents are elderly with my dad struggling with agent orange issues, we are staying put.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Agreed! with 50 million traveling as of this morning I doubt cancellation is a issue.......lol! My parents are elderly with my dad struggling with agent orange issues, we are staying put.
                          Tell him I said thank you for his service. Those men got a raw deal. Effing politicians at that time were as crooked as they come.

Comment

We typically go to my aunt's house and have 30-40 people. My aunt is almost 80 and has COPD so she isn't having it this year. So we are going to my parents for with 10-12 people. Screw China and screw the government for trying to cancel. It should be up to the individuals and families. If you want to get together, then get together. If not then don't.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              Tell him I said thank you for his service. Those men got a raw deal. Effing politicians at that time were as crooked as they come.

Thx sir! It is still a mess pure mess, we are still waiting for his VA benefits to be upgraded.....still at 60% even after Senator Cassidy sent a letter on his behalf. We recently learned his quasant (sp) hut in DaNang was right next to the depo storage of the herbicide. The consultant I hired to work thru this VA mess is also noticing that it is a pretty big chance that he was also exposed to the defoliant in the Korean War. Sad and demoralizing to all the men & women that served in those timeframes.

Comment

Same here. My sister in law tested positive Sunday, my mom yesterday, and we’re pretty sure my wife has it. She’s got an appointment to get tested today. We’re supposed to be in the hill country with my family, hunting & stuffing ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X