Live from Longview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Were you able to get it sighted back in so you're ready when he shows up?
    That was the plan today but i saw 20 buzzards towards where I thought he went. We put in 6 miles looking but came up empty.
    The buzzards were in a 80 acre high fence next to me that must have had a deer die during the freeze or something.

Going to zero it tomorrow but we blew them woods out today. Doubt he’s coming back any time soon

Comment

Any updates?

Tomorrow is the last day, no?

Comment

Big 6 showed up twice last night. Drop tine 10 is still a no show. I’ll see what happens tonight on the cams. Looks like my season is over unless I hunt the 6 or pop a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          Big 6 showed up twice last night. Drop tine 10 is still a no show. I’ll see what happens tonight on the cams. Looks like my season is over unless I hunt the 6 or pop a doe.
          man I hope he either shows back up or buzzards show you where he's been hiding. Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Man I’ve been checking this regularly, hoping for some good news. I guess your seasons over now, so hopefully he shows back up for you next year.

Comment

Still no sight, big 6 daylighted on the last day of ML yesterday. He gets to see another year. It’s raining like crazy or i’de get out and go look some more. He’s got to be dead in some thick stuff or hiding somewhere I just haven’t searched yet.
              Last edited by Hix; 02-19-2024, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I searched hi and low again trying to find his remains… No luck,

I must have made a terrible shot with that scope being loose and he made it a long ways, possibly through some yards across the road to the next block of woods. Pretty certain he’s dead and I won’t find his head.. first buck I’ve lost in a really really long time.
                Last edited by Hix; 02-19-2024, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  I searched hi and low again trying to find his remains… No luck,

I must have made a terrible shot with that scope being loose and he made it a long ways, possibly through some yards across the road to the next block of woods. Pretty certain he’s dead and I won’t find his head.. first bucks I’ve lost in a really really long time.
                  Man I am REALLY sorry to hear this. Are you absolutely sure you hit him though?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Man I am REALLY sorry to hear this. Are you absolutely sure you hit him though?
                    I don’t see how I didn’t hit him, broad side at 70 yards. Even though my gun was off, it had to have hit him and been fatal.. he’d be back by now if not. Deers lived here since 2018. There were several large trees behind where he was standing as well. No sign of where the bullet missed and hit them.

Comment

I hate to hear he didn’t show back up and I know you do too. Keep the cams going and maybe he will show, or another big one for next season.

Comment

Just catching up on this thread. It is definitely not what you wanted for that deer or any other deer but it is part of it. Deer are tough as all get out however.

Comment

Working...
                        X