HELP-Smoking Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotney View Post
    by the way, i’m sorry this is not a bow hunting only question since it is texas bowhunters
    lol!

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
      I cooked a rack of St Louis yesterday and modified a 3-2-1 method to a 2.5-1.2-.5 and they were fantastic. 2.5hrs at 225, wrapped in foil and added just a splash of two of apple cider vinegar and cranked the heat to 250, then pulled them out of the foil and went to 325ish to finish(it was more like 20 minutes than 30). They were probably the most tender ribs I’ve ever cooked.

Baby backs, I only cook 3-4hrs at 225.

But if you’re going to cook them the day before, I’d just pull them after the 3-2 portion and leave them wrapped until the cool off, then put them in the oven at 225-250 until they warmed up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This

3-2-1 at 225-240 was way overcooked for me

Comment

Deep Fry in Dr. Pepper!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          This

3-2-1 at 225-240 was way overcooked for me
          I prefer 3 at 220, then turn it up to 260-275 for 1, and maybe another 45.

Comment

I can't help you with the ribs but that Cutco knife you gifted me a couple years ago just cut the hell out of me again.

And that's a good thing. Best gift I've gotten at the ranch still. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Deep Fry in Dr. Pepper!
              Diet Dr Pepper and they’ll be fat free!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                I can't help you with the ribs but that Cutco knife you gifted me a couple years ago just cut the hell out of me again.

And that's a good thing. Best gift I've gotten at the ranch still. Thanks again.
                Do I need to send you some duct tape? Glad it’s helping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Deep Fry in Dr. Pepper!
                  When I grow up, I want to be as funny as you, Smart***

Comment

Ribs don’t need low and slow. Bump temp to 275-300 and you have good tender ribs in 4-5 hours.

Comment

I still do th,e 3-2-1 method then wrap in aluminum foil, place in cooler with a towel thrown over them. They will stay warm for a couple of hours

Comment

Dude put them on around 8 and you'll be ready to go by 11. I keep it simple for ribs. A good seasoning, 275 at the grate the ribs sit on, ribs are pulled at the 2 hour mark, wrapped in foil with some butter, honey, maybe a little more seasoning meat side down, put back on the pit (still at 275) for 45/50 minutes and start checking the temp. Once the temp gets to 202ish I pull them off sauce them up, put back on for about 10 minutes. Its pretty much to the minute at the 3 hour mark and we're eaten. They've turned out to be some of the best ribs I've eaten.

A good cooler with keep them warm for a while. I know a brisket wrapped in a towel will stay warm for hours in my cooler. Never tested to see how long ribs will stay warm though.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

What time are you dropping mine off?

Comment

Well as luck would have it, woke up at 4:30 so might as well get to smoking. Tried cburgess idea. They are in the rtic with towels on them.

Comment

Microwave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X