Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More subjective than big game rifles and calibers

Comment

One of the worst investments a man can make.
      I would look for a used Airstream. They will hold their value the best.

Comment

Bryan 11 is on the right track. Also, just one of my thoughts. If you plan on living it full,time in one spot, a 5th wheel has so much more storage than that of a regular travel trailer. Thanks to Hurricane Harvey, We currently have a near 36' Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8329 SS travel trailer w/3 slides. We had a 36' Open Range 3 slide travel trailer before that. PPL should have a huge selection of used travel trailers to broaden your horizons that will probably give you lots,of ideas of what you would like. Best of luck on your selection....cC

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          [/B]One of the worst investments a man can make.
          I would look for a used Airstream. They will hold their value the best.
          Wife and I had this talk the other night while camping. My position is that it’s an expense, not an investment. She thinks because our kids like camping/tailgating so much it’s an investment in family time and memories... Looking back at our 25+ years of owning them, I think we’re both right

Used airstream is good advice for retaining value.

Comment

Don’t expect anything for resale value.

Comment

Its only a poor investment if you dont use it much, otherwise the memories made in it with my kids have been priceless.

I have a grand design imagine and its a fantastic trailer. The build quality is noticeably better than many others out there, but good luck finding them right now. A used airstream is also sound advice but get ready to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                Wife and I had this talk the other night while camping. My position is that it’s an expense, not an investment. She thinks because our kids like camping/tailgating so much it’s an investment in family time and memories... Looking back at our 25+ years of owning them, I think we’re both right

Used airstream is good advice for retaining value.
                Totally get that.

I have owned a couple and we just didn’t use them enough to justify the cost.
                I have girls and they seem to prefer the amenities of a hotel.
                I can stay in a lot of hotels or cabins for a lot less money, and never have to mess with dumping the sewer tanks.

Comment

If you want it to last better get an airstream

Comment

I understand that resale is bad...just wondering if some where better than others. Finding a used trailer with the floor plan I want is difficult. I have a 12 yr old daughter and want her to have her own space while spending time with me. Lots of good and free advice...keep it coming please

Comment

RV roof

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      If you want it to last better get an airstream
                      Yep my vote too...NO FLAT Roofs..............

Roof leaks destroy more campers than anything that couple Hundred # of AC up there bouncing down the road don't help either....Don't get me wrong I ain't against AC... Just Location

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                        Got a 2018 jayco 267 I may be looking to sell. Hardly been used.
                        PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                          You don’t buy a camper for resale and and you’ll take a huge hit when you leave the lot, I’d look for that older couple who bought a new camper and only used it a couple of times and let them take the hit on resale value.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                          Its only a poor investment if you dont use it much, otherwise the memories made in it with my kids have been priceless.

I have a grand design imagine and its a fantastic trailer. The build quality is noticeably better than many others out there, but good luck finding them right now. A used airstream is also sound advice but get ready to pay.

best posts yet

some people say 6500 a year for a deer lease to shoot a deer with a 1500 bow is a bad investment as well. Memories are priceless no matter what

We shopped and shopped for a used trailer and ended up with new. Couldnt find a trailer with the floor plan we wanted for much less than what new costs

Comment

I got a 2019 truck camper and love it, but it is only my wife and I. Which ever way you go remember maintenance. Speaking mostly about resealing the seams. This is recommended annual repair.

Comment

Working...
                            X