No announcement yet.

Need to move Huge Safe and storing problem. Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I think I would go with the storage route as well. Too many things can go wrong in the shipping container. I don’t think I would want to store some of my nicer wood stocked guns over the summer in a shipping container. Although unlikely, I would think the heat could possibly cause some issues. In fact, I think I would split them up to friends with safes before I would store them in the container.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Man, I think I would go with the storage route as well. Too many things can go wrong in the shipping container. I don’t think I would want to store some of my nicer wood stocked guns over the summer in a shipping container. Although unlikely, I would think the heat could possibly cause some issues. In fact, I think I would split them up to friends with safes before I would store them in the container.
      Good point. But, what if the safe is fire rated for two hours? Shouldn't that keep the heat at bay?

Comment

With all that has been addressed. 15 months, I'd maybe put the safe in a container. All my guns and such would be either be with me or some other trusted person in a climate controlled(read A/C) house.

Comment

Find somewhere else that is climate controlled. You are not going to like the results with what’s going to happen in that container.

Comment

I have three safes, two are with me at this house I'm living in and are smaller and full of guns. The third, big safe, is what I am moving to the bay. I am selling some safe queens now, so that when I finally build, I can reduce it down to two safes. I have too many guns, my wife is right. Y'all giving me some great advice, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I assume by your post that your container is in the coastal region. In that case I'd spend the extra money to store the safe in a climate controlled storage unit until your house is ready. I don't think you can seal it good enough th keep the salt air out of it.
              This is what I did. It worked well. Found a NICE good Climate Controlled storage facility and moved my safe in, put the guns in it and chemical type humidity control and it worked really well!!

also, if you put in your container, be sure that no one can come in and snatch the entire container and run!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                This is what I did. It worked well. Found a NICE good Climate Controlled storage facility and moved my safe in, put the guns in it and chemical type humidity control and it worked really well!!

also, if you put in your container, be sure that no one can come in and snatch the entire container and run!!!
                Shoot. I never thought of that. Ideas of how to protect me from someone stealing the whole container cause it is two hours away?

Comment

To many bad things can happen.

Comment

I would wipe your guns down with a liberal amount of bore butter or something of the sorts to give it a good coating. If traildust is willing to hold ammo them maybe can hold the safe too. Worth finding a buddy that has a garage or something. If set on the container you would have to check the descent often and likely wipe down everything monthly. Or just sell it all and re buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X