No announcement yet.

HS Football Playoffs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franklin moves on with a 58 to 19 win over Van Vleck. Find out who we will play next week after tonight’s game.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Does anybody know if any games will be televised like on Fox Sports Southwest?
      Most schools have someone live streaming them online either via Facebook or YouTube.

Comment

Nfhs.com will carry some games. Requires a monthly membership but if you love high school sports its worth it.

Comment

Round 1 in the books. Shiner 72 Harper 12.
          Our first team only played the first half. Was 56-0 at half and offense only ran 14 plays.
          Now onto round 2. Not sure who opponent will be yet. Freer or La Villa

As far as live streaming that has been going on this year, it is not allowed in the playoffs. Will have to subscribe to a site like NFHS if they are showing the game you are wanting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
            Think they can get it done this year?
            They stand a pretty good chance if they can keep their head and the injury bug away. Rolled over Uvalde last night 62-14,

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
              Round 1 in the books. Shiner 72 Harper 12.
              Our first team only played the first half. Was 56-0 at half and offense only ran 14 plays.
              Now onto round 2. Not sure who opponent will be yet. Freer or La Villa

As far as live streaming that has been going on this year, it is not allowed in the playoffs. Will have to subscribe to a site like NFHS if they are showing the game you are wanting to watch.
              Congrats! DuBroc here what position is Christian playing?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Does anybody know if any games will be televised like on Fox Sports Southwest?
                Some games will be on FSSW. Most schools won't be live streaming playoff games. UIL sold the broadcasting rights to FSSW and they won't let school broadcast their own games. You have to pay $1,000 a game then they still might not approve it. I think there some advertising requirements as well. UIL wants their cut. With there be fewer amount of tickets allowed this is how they got it.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  Nfhs.com will carry some games. Requires a monthly membership but if you love high school sports its worth it.
                  Yeah, this is what we ended up doing.
                  Don’t know what the deal is, but wanted to do it off the computer for a bigger picture but never could get a page up where you could subscribe and pay. Wife just did it on her phone and watched it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Congrats! DuBroc here what position is Christian playing?
                    What’s up Dubroc?!?! He is the strong side linebacker. He was frustrated last night. They ran the ball one time to his side. They passed the ball a handful of times his direction, but none completed.

Comment

What’s up Dubroc?!?! He is the strong side linebacker. He was frustrated last night. They ran the ball one time to his side. They passed the ball a handful of times his direction, but none completed.
                      I bet he’s pretty good, his Mom has really strong genetics I didn’t even think about him playing in Shiner, will be paying attention for the playoff run. Doesn’t seem like our boys should be this old, we were coaching t ball just the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        I bet he’s pretty good, his Mom has really strong genetics I didn’t even think about him playing in Shiner, will be paying attention for the playoff run. Doesn’t seem like our boys should be this old, we were coaching t ball just the other day...
                        She’s says he gets all his skills from her.�� He definitely has more of her speed than mine. I will definitely say that.

I know it. Hard to believe it is his senior year. T-ball doesn’t seem that long ago. Just like my avatar pic of him shooting his first deer. Didn’t that just happen?!?!?!?

It’s just like coaching too. Hard to believe this is my 10th year out of coaching already. I still keep up with the Birds. They are built for a nice run.
                        Last edited by wags; 11-13-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

So number 24? We have a boat load of shiner film. this group is fun to watch.

Comment

Wish we were starting playoffs too but 6A is a month behind y’all. State championship scheduled for mid January. Hoping the COVID increases don’t shut it all down before that time.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                              So number 24? We have a boat load of shiner film. this group is fun to watch.
                              Yes sir.

They are a special group.

Comment

Yes sir.

They are a special group.
                                Yes they are. I'm glad we got them off the schedule a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X