Hagerman Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdog14 View Post
    I looked into applying, but too far of a drive with the stupid bowhunter course you have to take. Makes me wish I’d have done it. What a whopper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you saw some of the yahoo’s that show up to some public hunts, you would understand why the BH Ed course is required.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
      Those are extremely impressive pictures but this is not the same deer as the one photographed in the wheat field last week. Very similar Grayson County genetics but if you’ll study you’ll see the individual characteristics are very different. There’s gaints around that place! Anyone would be considered a favored man to put a tag on either!
      you are correct sir.

They found that second deer's dead head in the meyers unit last year if Im not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
        you are correct sir.

They found that second deer's dead head in the meyers unit last year if Im not mistaken.
        Wow. I certainly haven’t heard that but would love to to see pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
          Wow. I certainly haven’t heard that but would love to to see pics.

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by bdog14 View Post
            I looked into applying, but too far of a drive with the stupid bowhunter course you have to take. Makes me wish I’d have done it. What a whopper

I hear you. I drove 3 hrs each way to take my BowEd class in 2015. It was a hassle, but I learned some things I didn't know before. The classes are few and far between in TX, cuz there isn't all that much public hunting land in TX.

Comment

I hope somebody catches him. HAHA!

Comment

Pig

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                  I hear you. I drove 3 hrs each way to take my BowEd class in 2015. It was a hassle, but I learned some things I didn't know before. The classes are few and far between in TX, cuz there isn't all that much public hunting land in TX.
                  My sister, Dusty Britches, forced me to take it in San Antonio with her in 2004. That was five hours away! I didn't even know it was a thing. Back then it was a full 9 hour class, complete with tracking a fake blood trail. She said I might need it to bowhunt elk in CO so I took it.
                  This year my husband took it on line.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    Agreed

I dont have any pics but that second deer was a deer that was known around here as HOOK. He was on multiple game cameras for at least 8-9 yrs that I know about. Not sure who found the dead head but it was rumored to have been identified by multiple people with first hand knowledge of what the buck looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                      I dont have any pics but that second deer was a deer that was known around here as HOOK. He was on multiple game cameras for at least 8-9 yrs that I know about. Not sure who found the dead head but it was rumored to have been identified by multiple people with first hand knowledge of what the buck looked like.
                      I am almost positive I saw this deer in 2016 on refuge road between Goode and Myers. It was the Sunday of our Hunt and I couldn’t hunt Sunday night so we had just finished loading up our stuff and was driving to the HQ to check out when he crossed the road right in front of us following a doe and went into Myers. Myers wasn’t open that year so we had to just watch him walk away. I always wondered what happened to him because I never saw an LDP of him over the next few years.

Comment

Y’all are blessed just to be in the woods with deer like that...not many of those roaming around here in the hill country...outside of the fence

Comment

Son!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X