No announcement yet.

New Mathews Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I encourage all companies to strive for innovation. But I do feel as if we are running out of shapes to make cams. There is also a big market for making something simplistic, think of the switchback. and how many people cling to them. I hate to see that Mathews, to my knowledge, doesn’t offer a single cam option anymore. And haven’t for a few years.

Comment

All I know is I picked up a Halon 32 on here a month ago and it has been great. Shooting ridiculously well out to 80 yards at the ranch this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I want all bow manufacturers to continue to push engineering and design concepts every year, and IMO nobody consistently does that better than Mathews. Not every year will be a step change, but Mathews has had their fair share of those in recent years, as well. Perhaps the incremental change from the previous year model isn't enough to entice you to "upgrade", but when you start adding multiple years of technology and design improvements , the cumulative differences can be "step changing." I upgraded from the original NoCam to the Traverse in 2019. Those bows were considerably different.

There are certainly those "fan boys" that upgrade bows every year. When you consider resale, it's typically a few hundred dollars, or less, to upgrade yearly. However, there are also those that are shooting models from other manufacturers, or as in the post above, wanting to upgrade from a "beginner" level bow to a high end model. If this is the year they choose to make the jump, I'd be happy they continued to refine and improve even the previous year's model.

Let's also talk about business and free enterprise. If you were the owner of a business that manufactures and sells retail products, would you ever proclaim that "yep, we've perfected it" and quit trying to improve that product (or even the marketing for it?) Not really the "American Way" is it?

I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what new technology the industry has to offer every year, whether I'm in the market or not. I do the same with camera and video equipment, while others do it with vehicles, golf clubs, guns, etc.

As for me, I'm thankful that Mathews has R&D and marketing budgets, and continues to support this website, as well as the multiple archery shops that also support this site and employ a few of our members.
        Well, that said it pretty well. Not sure anyone is going to say something more profound.

There are not a lot of bows that I have shot that I don't like. This year I am really interested in what Mathews might be coming out with. Still really love my Halon 6, but I might be persuaded if something grabs my attention and my wife lets me!

Comment

If the Indians would have had a Mathews we would be sleeping in TeePees.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the top hat system and the fact you have to buy a kit. But my vertix is about 15 fps faster than my revolt x with the same arrow. Both drawing the same length on a draw board..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              If you think there was a toilet paper shortage with COVID-19... wait till you see the lotion shortage when they reveal their new lineup
              Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
              Another overpriced bow? The fan boys will line up for miles, lol.
              Yep!

Similar too YETI when they come out with anything.

YETI underwear, socks, shirts, hats, toiletry bags...You name it! YETI big city stumps have to get it

Comment

Just picked up a new VXR 28".
                Cam to Cam Mathews accessories.
                Just the silent connect system alone makes it worth it! Great elk rig!
                This thing is a tac driver out to 80 yards.
                Bought my first Mathews in 1998 from a feed store & been on the fan wagon ever since!

Comment

I have a VXR. I don’t plan on buying another compound bow. But I definitely plan on buying and building stick bows

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    If the Indians would have had a Mathews we would be sleeping in TeePees.
                    No we would never exist, unless your Native American !

Comment

Online prices for a new VXR start at $1,000.

Is there a comparable new bow that is 1/3 of that price?

I have bow hunted for 37 years and I have owned 3 bows.

1983 Browning X-cellerator
                      1992 Hoyt Heat(hated that thing)
                      2006(IIRC) Mathews Switchback

I was going to buy a VXR next year unless there is a bow for 1/3 the price that is just as good.

I ain't scared of cheap. My $150 Moto does everything an IPhone does.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        Online prices for a new VXR start at $1,000.

Is there a comparable new bow that is 1/3 of that price?

I have bow hunted for 37 years and I have owned 3 bows.

1983 Browning X-cellerator
                        1992 Hoyt Heat(hated that thing)
                        2006(IIRC) Mathews Switchback

I was going to buy a VXR next year unless there is a bow for 1/3 the price that is just as good.

I ain't scared of cheap. My $150 Moto does everything an IPhone does.
                        Lol. I had a '92 Hoyt Heat right after an 80's model PSE. The Heat felt like a huge upgrade over that old PSE. I'm looking at getting a new bow next year as I plan on passing my Elite down to my Son-n-Law when he gets out of the Marines next summer. I am leaning toward Hoyt but I will shoot several brands and see what I like.

Comment

I just got the VXR 28 and loving it. Only my 2nd bow and likely will be my last. My next will probably be a crossbow as I get older. Bought the Mission Riot 8 years ago when I first started bow hunting and it has served me well but wanted to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Yep!

Similar too YETI when they come out with anything.

YETI underwear, socks, shirts, hats, toiletry bags...You name it! YETI big city stumps have to get it
                            What I don’t get is how that affects those who aren’t “fan boys” or who aren’t buying all the latest, greatest Yeti/Mathews/whatever product?? Why do you care?

Comment

I am very happy with the Mathews Vertix I purchased last year. May be the last Bow I ever buy. I hang on to them for 10-12 years at a time. I shot the Switchback and Q2 before buying this new one.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                                I encourage all companies to strive for innovation. But I do feel as if we are running out of shapes to make cams. There is also a big market for making something simplistic, think of the switchback. and how many people cling to them. I hate to see that Mathews, to my knowledge, doesn’t offer a single cam option anymore. And haven’t for a few years.
                                There’s a reason for the lack of solocam bows. The Binary cam system is far superior, whether it’s Bowtech/Darton’s version, or the Mathews versions. Mathews had painted themselves into a corner trying to stay with the solocam, and eventually had to accept the fact that trying to stay up with the performance of the Binary cam bows with more aggressive single cam bows simply wasn’t happening. I, like most here that had a Switchback, still believe it was their last really good single cam. Their new cam system is great, but the top hats are an issue, just as the overdrive system has the issue of harness tuning. I prefer the basic Binary cam system due to simplicity and ease of tuning.

Comment

Working...
                                X