Throckmorton area - Rut Activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throckmorton area - Rut Activity?

We are heading up there Thursday. What are you guys that hunt up in that area seeing? We are thinking next weekend maybe good with the new moon.

Thats what im thinking we are in strawn seen bucks fighting for the past 2 weeks. They are still coming to feeders. I did see a young buck with a doe just following her around

Comment

Buck group’s have split up and they are starting to tend does. Just need some cold weather!

Comment

Bucks are bird-dogging every doe that comes close, but they're not interested and the bucks usually just end up back @ the feeder. It should be on strong in a week or so.

Comment

Thanks. We usually don't get to go up there until Thanksgiving. By then, things have quieted down quite a bit. We are leaving Thursday at noon and come back Sunday night.

Comment

Bucks were not interested in does the last few days out there. No chasing. Just came in to eat. A couple of “1 crack” buck fights is all. A number of doe had ruffeled fur on their back though.

Comment

We hunt north of Woodson bucks were chasing does last week. Our big bucks have pulled their Houdini act and will return the last week of December if they make it. These little guys were sparing at my feeder on the 23rd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X