X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for the recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
      Good luck on the trail. Just curious, dog or no dog today?
      Working on getting another dog this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Dog was actually on the trail but buddy thought the deer went another route. We pulled the dog and searched but no luck. Back tracked to last blood and ended up finding another 300-400 yds of blood. Have a really good idea where he is now. Will be back at it tomorrow morning and hopefully find this buck.
        That is a dumb move being blunt, that dogs nose will out track a man every time even a crap dog.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I don't want to question anyone involved....but you don't call a dog, then question the dog.

The dog's nose will make a fool out of every man. Every dog man will tell you to trust the dog if he's worth his salt. I think you guys would have your deer if you'd let the dog work.

Hope it works out in the end.
        100% what he said if your gonna bring a dog out let him work, doesn't matter what you think or feel, that dog is gonna follow that blood trail no matter what and a lot of the time that deer goes to a place you would least expect it.

Comment

I’m not bashing a members dog and I’m not bashing a member who is the hunter. I have my opinion and a lot was done wrong. I’ll just leave it at that.

I learned my lesson last year. If the shot is questionable do not proceed and just call a dog first.
          Last edited by Antlers86; 11-04-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            I’m not bashing a members dog and I’m not bashing a member who is the hunter. I have my opinion and a lot was done wrong. I’ll just leave it at that.

I learned my lesson last year. If the shot is questionable do not proceed and just call a dog first.

Good lesson right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I don't want to question anyone involved....but you don't call a dog, then question the dog.

The dog's nose will make a fool out of every man. Every dog man will tell you to trust the dog if he's worth his salt. I think you guys would have your deer if you'd let the dog work.

Hope it works out in the end.
              Amen

Comment

Guessing not recovered as no update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No recovery. Too much human traffic in the area not only from the hunter and buddies searching but from neighbors. In a fenced 2000 acre community.

At this point from all the traffic the best thing he can do is drone areas and watch for buzzards.

Comment

Ouch....things happen.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like all efforts were made.

Comment

Maybe high lung shot? They don’t bleed to much

Comment

Hope yall find it!

Comment

Toler's old place?

Comment

Buddy had a similar issue a few years ago. I bet it was high shoulder or backstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                                Buddy had a similar issue a few years ago. I bet it was high shoulder or backstrap.

Neither has bubbles in blood

Comment

Working...
                                X