No announcement yet.

Duck Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of drakes and a pair of Frog Tog grand refuge. Switch back and forth depending on temperature

Comment

I bought some Hunt Rite waders from Sportsman Guide. On a budget. No complaints at all, they did their job well. Only used them once and returned them after the hunt. I suggest getting a smaller size or tighter fit, especially if it is muddy. You'll slip out, get stuck, and fall flat on your face.

Comment

Stout = short and fat
        King = Regular height and fat.

I got me some drake King breathable in clearance at the end of last season
        Looking forwards to wearing some better fitting ones. The regular form fitting neoprene are uncomfortable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabelas dry plus breathables same size as all my other boots.

Comment

The new drake T zip breathables are pretty nice.

Comment

Bigger foot size. Allow for thicker sock and circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                Only get drake if you want to replace them every year..

I see a lot of people recommending drake. My experience with Drake has been very spotty with a lot of the Drake gear not lasting a full season before breaking. I see drake gear that I like but I can’t force myself to buy it anymore.

Comment

Sitka waders I love em worth the money imo. would not recommend drake they don’t last

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
                    1. What waders do you have?
                    2. Someone tell me the difference between stout and king with MPW
                    3. Do you like to get a boot size that is your normal fit, or one bigger?

Haven't bought waders in 8 years. Looking at buying some from MPW.
                    I have some Academy Game Winners in 3mm neoprene.
                    Stout is for over weight folks like me.
                    I have the boot size that matches my foot. With thick socks, the boot stays on in muck and mud.

Once I lose 100lbs, I'll spend the money on Sitka breathable.

Comment

Look into stockingfoot waders as opposed to bootfoot waders. Less bulky, very breathable, and your feet won't get stuck in the muck since your boots have laces. I have FrogToggs, Magellan's are fine, and Simms are awesome but very expensize.

Comment

My banded red zone 2.0s are the best ive ever used. Whichever you go with make sure they are breathable. Sitka is the way to go if you can afford them though because of the lifetime warranty.

Comment

I buy my waders a couple boot 2 sizes to big. Water puts pressure on my feet and makes them hurt so I get my boots with plenty room.

Gator Waders (a Texas company) are the best I have found.

I have breathable uninsulated for warm weather and breathable insulated for cooler weather.

5 seasons on the insulated w no leaks. Second season on the uninsulated no leaks.

Comment

King and Stout have been referenced up top.

As far as waders, I wear Sitkas now. Fit way better and light as a feather. Plus lifetime warranty. I do have a pair of Drake neopremes for a back up though.

DONT buy Banded waders. I have had 4 different pair and they have all leaked bad!

Comment

best pair for me was my Cabelas neoprene, the medium weight.
                              Hot in Sept. but perfect for fall/winter. Never did get cold in them, and very comfortable when walking a lot to the blind.

Comment

Simms fishing waders. Lightweight breathable cold weather just need sweatpants under. Best part is lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X