No announcement yet.

The Remainder of the Season LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check that, 2 big framed deer on the field! Come on light!!!

Comment

That’s my bad fellas. I got caught up in the show. 2 very big 3 year olds were checking every doe in sight before they left the field. Sun is topping the ridge so everything is kind of easing off. It’s magic stuff happening around these fields right now. Some of the most exciting hunting I’ve ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        One of the most incredible hunts of my life! No shots fired but I can’t wait until tomorrow! Katy and Davis are here and it is getting HOT! Mr. Sam killed a doe and it’s a pretty dang good tell! He hit the ONLY limb in Wheeler Co and hit the doe 40 yards PAST the deer he was shooting at. When we cleaned the deer it had the bulk of the bullet in its rump and a fragment in her throat! Wild stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        that last deer have a drop or is it the pic?

Comment

There’s my boy... 175” 10pt... He’s almost a mile away though

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            that last deer have a drop or is it the pic?
            No, he’s crossing a fence and that’s the top of a T post

Comment

There’s my boy... 175” 10pt... He’s almost a mile away though
              Get him!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck buddy!!!
                Lay a big one down.

Comment

Sorry to leave y’all hanging. Mr. Sam had something blow all
                  of his deer out this morning so we failed at a couple of spot and stalks. Even though they weren’t “successful” It sure is fun to see a 71 years young man willing to stomp the brush and give it a shot. For the record Mr. Sam had nothing to do with the failed stalks. He’s been a pleasure to hunt with and I’m going to hate seeing him gone from camp.

I’ve got Katy and David set up where I hunted the last 2 evenings with s twist. Most of the shot opportunities there are between 200-500yds and several in a depression next to the fence line that are impossible to shoot from that stand. We brushed in s brush blind as best as we could to make it look like a hay bail. I ran her a corn line from 240yds to about 125. She’s hooked up with a bog pod and a stock rest and she can flat out shoot. I’m back in the same spot as I was this morning looking for the mega 9 or a the big 10. Either of them will work for me! Mr. Sam is still on doe patrol and Burr is camped out in Gray Co on a field that hasn’t been hunted this year. I have a feeling this evening is going to get good!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

In for results this evening

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spike 100yds to the south, a doe 225 to the north.

Comment

Deer starting to filter in. 3 small bucks and several does to the north

Comment

I’m living vicariously through you, Heith, and Mike (Arrowsmith) this evening on y’all’s live hunts so quit fooling around and knock one down for me

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              I’m living vicariously through you, Heith, and Mike (Arrowsmith) this evening on y’all’s live hunts so quit fooling around and knock one down for me
                              You better keep an eye on that ginger messican! He shook my hand before so he too now holds the gift 🤣😂

47 deer currently on the field. If there’s a mature buck in the field I can’t see him.

Comment

You better keep an eye on that ginger messican! He shook my hand before so he too now holds the gift 🤣😂
                                😂

He sure enough has had a heck of a live hunt...I certainly hope a bruiser will give him one more shot I don’t think he’ll let another one get by for any reason

Comment

Working...
                                X