• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120ish 3yo

130ish 4yo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The faucet is starting to leak. Deer trickling in from everywhere. There’s a pike of them exactly where they were yesterday. The truck trick is a bust on the does.

Comment

SPOKE TOO SOON!!! Big group of does got too close and smelled the blood on my tailgate! Several deer slowly easing back this way.

Comment

Stud 6yo 8 in the field.

Comment

It is very very hard for me not to shoot this 6pt! One of the coolest deer I’ve ever seen!

Comment

What happened next????

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                What happened next????

You’re a better man than me. A big 6 like that is high on my list. Better than a nice 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd smoke a big 6 any day of the week.... I prefer big 6's and 8's over any other deer...

Comment

One of the most incredible hunts of my life! No shots fired but I can’t wait until tomorrow! Katy and Davis are here and it is getting HOT! Mr. Sam killed a doe and it’s a pretty dang good tell! He hit the ONLY limb in Wheeler Co and hit the doe 40 yards PAST the deer he was shooting at. When we cleaned the deer it had the bulk of the bullet in its rump and a fragment in her throat! Wild stuff!!!

Comment

Man, its gonna be a long wait until next year!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What a wild shot on the doe! Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Burr took Katy and David because the blind they’re hunting is closer to where he’s going. We let Mr. Sam have another doe after his incident yesterday. Back story in Mr. Sam... 30 year fireman in Oklahoma City. After retirement he moves to Sam Rayburn. His best friend gets a spider bite at the base of his skull and it got really really bad. Lots of hospital time... They do a benefit deal and he won the hunt auction (for a lot more than what the hunt cost) and now he’s here. Great shot, great guy, great cause. He also told me from Day 1 that one of his does was going to the buddy of his with the spider bite. The deer with the split bullet deal was a 35# fawn and there was only 2lbs of meat or so that was recoverable on the hams. I call the guy that I’m outfitting with and made sure he was ok with it but Mr. Sam gets another doe for his buddy.

We’re set up, I’m watching a field where I saw a really big 9pt while picking up hunters and I do not misuse the phrase “really big”. We’re talking about a clean 9 that may get into the 60’s. I also banged my right shoulder up last night helping Tyler load up his deer meat cooler. Swung it up into the back of his truck and feel like I pulled a muscle. I bet it can still handle the recoil of that 7mm Mag though at least 1 time. We’re 30min out from daylight or so and the morning hunt will likely be short lived. 32°, clear, and pretty today. I’m excited about the next few days. Pray for a little east in the Wind for Katy!

Comment

Several bodies in the field. Still 20+ min away from being able to identify anything

Comment

Good luck them coolers can be hard on ya i am nursing a broken toe from an Artic

Comment

I’m looking at a big framed deer dogging does. Need another few min to get enough light to call him a shooter or not. He definitely has the frame!

Comment

Working...
                                X