What Stabilizer?? VXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miller View Post
    I just think it’s kind of an old way of thinking.... throwing a front bar on a bow. Most of the bows are top heavy now. Especially Mathews. To counteract that you put a back bar on them. If you only throw a front bar you are just making the top heavy “problem” worse. You are also putting a lot of weight out front and increasing the possibility that you will be fighting falling out of the shot.

I want my bow to hold and just sit on the target as long as I can. I don’t want to fight it like falling out of the bottom. A back bar really helps with this. When I used to shoot a Halon 32 I stand hunted with a 8” Bee stinger out back with 4-6 ounces on it, no front bar.

I’ve noticed shooting the bow with out a front weight.. the bow naturally just sits in one position vs my older bow in the past with a 6” stabilizer once I get on target I’m always seeming to have to lift the bow back up to adjust it to stay on target. Almost like it’s front heavy like you say... Food for thought here... maybe it is a old way of thinking !

Comment

I went in to buy one of those when they came out and shot it for quite some time, every night after work, and I don’t know how you guys like putting a stabilizer on the front of them, it seemed way to top heavy ( wanting to lean forward) without even sights on it. They are smooth, but every bow I’ve tried lately is very smooth now days. If I was to buy one of those a back bar would have been needed instead of a stabilizer for sure. But some of the bows out now don’t need any stabilizer nor back bar in my opinion, and balance great . I shot most of the new bows this year and settled on a prime black 5 this year. Was a die hard mathews fan boy until the honey comb riser, then and sense then they just don’t fit me right. Hoyt even felt better to me, and it’s been a long time sense I liked a hoyt. Speaking of that isn’t it time for the new mathews release, I seen the target bow, but haven’t heard of the new hunting bow yet. Any body know when they are due ?
      Last edited by critter69; 10-30-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

So for me the VXR 31.5 is pretty balanced already. I had just touch of kickback after the shot. So I installed a 10” doinker with minimal weight. If you buy a stabilizer with adjustable weights you can mess with it till it feels good. I guess I’m opposite. I see no need for a back bar on this bow. Everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

15” microhex counter slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ivanblock View Post

That Sitka pack looks handy up in a tree. Which one is it and is it worth the money??

Comment

Originally posted by ivanblock View Post

I like the set up, going to have to look into that. Do you think the 15 was over kill or was it a good balance between and front and rear..? Did you try a 10?? Also what Broadheads are those??
              Last edited by TexasRough1256; 10-30-2020, 09:18 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                That Sitka pack looks handy up in a tree. Which one is it and is it worth the money??

The tool box i believe. Paid $99. Worth every cent

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                  I like the set up, going to have to look into that. Do you think the 15 was over kill or was it a good balance between and front and rear..? Did you try a 10?? Also what Broadheads are those??

I would run an 18” if they had it, wouldn’t run anything less. Bow is very balanced and i love the minimal adjustments as needed

Shooting QAD exodus 100

Comment

I run a 6in flatline off the back of mine. Seems to balance better for me that way.

Comment

Sniper hog light with a beestinger back bar!. Pig hunting balance[emoji41]

Or front and back Bee Stingers if not needing it for pigs after dark.

Comment

Working...
                      X