No announcement yet.

Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next thing you know she will have you driving a Dodge truck. Man up and stop this maddness!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Smart’s posts. He knows about chili! You are spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        That’s what we had at the fire house tonight! Yes there were beans in it, as it should be.
        Why should it be? In Texas, where chili was invented, there are no fillers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Chili without beans is just a hot dog, nacho and frito topping.....

Agreed...
          Suck it BoB

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Agreed...
            Suck it BoB

Ahhahahahahaha...

Comment

Sad to say it but...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                No beans in an authentic bowl of Texas red. No fillers of any kind. Meat and chiles.

You can put them in your pot, but it is no longer authentic Texas chili.

What is the authentic Texas side to go with chili? Crackers or cornbread? Nothing?

I'm a cracker guy but have a bunch of buddies that go with the cornbread...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  What is the authentic Texas side to go with chili? Crackers or cornbread? Nothing?

I put cheese and red onions. Tortillas and or chips. Or nothing. I've never really heard that mentioned in the stories of the origins of chili in Texas. There are some funny stories about beans and a guy from New York out in Terlingua.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-27-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I don't limit myself to authentic anytthing.....because chili (with or without beans) without cornbread or crackers is a no go for me and the wife....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I'm glad I don't limit myself to authentic anytthing.....because chili (with or without beans) without cornbread or crackers is a no go for me and the wife....

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

No...! Just, no!!
                        Crackers with chili. Beans ‘n’ Cornbread (sung to the tune of “Beans ‘n Cornbread.”)

Comment

My wife made some kind of "white bean chili" stuff from a recipe someone gave her. It wasn't bad, but I could hardly eat it from laughing so much. I think it had turkey in it...

Comment

Beans n Cornbread is red beans and rice with a side of cornbread. Chili carne is beef and chili, no beans, us webfooted folks from God's country like it over rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              My wife made some kind of "white bean chili" stuff from a recipe someone gave her. It wasn't bad, but I could hardly eat it from laughing so much. I think it had turkey in it...
                              Gross!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                                Gross!!
                                If you eat chili over rice, you don't get a vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X