No announcement yet.

Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All chili should have beans! I put in kidney beans, black beans and great white Northern beans in my chili.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have mixed in cornbread or crushed crackers and thrown it in a flour tortilla..

I have mixed in cornbread and scooped it out with a cracker.

I have mixed in fritos or tortilla chips and put in a flour tortilla like a Frito Burrito.. Like I said ....ain't skeert

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I have mixed in cornbread or crushed crackers and thrown it in a flour tortilla..

I have mixed in cornbread and scooped it out with a cracker.

I have mixed in fritos or tortilla chips and put in a flour tortilla like a Frito Burrito.. Like I said ....ain't skeert
        Why you rag on chili dogs then? Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          All chili should have beans! I put in kidney beans, black beans and great white Northern beans in my chili.

I mean this with the utmost respect....If you're not from Texas, when a discussion on Chili comes up, just please remember that we give exactly zero credit to anything you type. Now that we know you want beans in your chili, it's far less than zero. If you have any comments on snow, we'd love to hear your take.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Why you rag on chili dogs then? Lol.

I love chili dogs at a concession stand with rot-gut Wolf brand chili

Comment

Saw an article on cooking chili on a smoker. Picks up that smoke. I might give that a shot.

But my recipe started with the Terlingua winner that was on here. Folks like my chili and there ain't no beans.

Chili is good by itself, with onion, with cheese. I like on fritos, in a tortilla and on rice (I have some canjun in the genes).

And I do like beans. I like cornbread and beans. I like beans as a side to my steak. It is just not a main ingredient to chili.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I mean this with the utmost respect....If you're not from Texas, when a discussion on Chili comes up, just please remember that we give exactly zero credit to anything you type. Now that we know you want beans in your chili, it's far less than zero. If you have any comments on snow, we'd love to hear your take.
                LOL, that is funny curtintex! I will agree that no beans is a Texas thing and I certainly will eat it without but when I make it, beans it is.
                Oh, and yes, we have snow on the ground and until yesterday, we were below zero at night for the past few days. Too early to be that cold!

Comment

I'm with you, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by wyobull View Post
                    lol, that is funny curtintex! I will agree that no beans is a texas thing and i certainly will eat it without but when i make it, beans it is.
                    Oh, and yes, we have snow on the ground and until yesterday, we were below zero at night for the past few days. Too early to be that cold!

Sent from my sm-g965u using tapatalk
                    :d:d:d

Comment

How about posting some of your favorite chili recipes ?

Comment

Those are authentic bro. [emoji23]

Comment

Put extra beans in it. Eat 3 bowls and then give her the old Dutch Oven treatment later tonight

Comment

Got a skillet simmering now, thanks to this thread. No rice though. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                              Got a skillet simmering now, thanks to this thread. No rice though. [emoji3]

Where's the buns, and the sliced cheeze……………...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                                Where's the buns, and the sliced cheeze……………...

Saltines and Club crackers here.

Comment

Working...
                                X