Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scope Recommendations- Vortex, Leupold, Etc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope Recommendations- Vortex, Leupold, Etc???

I'm looking at purchasing a good scope for my Rem 700 6.5cm. Rifle was buitl for long range shooting also. Will be used for a deer hunt this season and sparingly throughout the future. I am not a rifle shooter by any means as I have only bow hunted for the last 14 years. Budget is around $500 as I will not use it enough to justify anything over that.

So far my thoughts have led me to the Vortex Viper HS 6x24x50 as my first choice. Price wise is pretty good and reviews are good too. I have looked at Leupold VX3s and Freedom model scopes also but don't have a favorite yet. What say you guys that are rifle connoisseurs on a good glass?

I'm a Leupold guy but the Vortex warranty on their stuff is hard to beat. I use their red dots on my turkey guns and they always replace them no questions asked if something goes wrong (I'm hard on my turkey guns).

Comment

Look into the new Meopta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
        I'm a Leupold guy but the Vortex warranty on their stuff is hard to beat. I use their red dots on my turkey guns and they always replace them no questions asked if something goes wrong (I'm hard on my turkey guns).
        Is the Vortex warranty better than 'forever'?

Comment

I picked up a Meopta Optika6 in that price range don't have a lot of time behind it but liking it so far.

Comment

Love my VX-5HDs. Leupold knocked it out of the park with this line of scopes.

Comment

IMO i would find a Nikon Black FX1000 on one of these close out deals for around the $550 range.

I have several vortexs up to the PST no razors and i am just not impressed with the glass. My nikon seems way clearer. My next scope im going to look into Athlon and Arken as well

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                Is the Vortex warranty better than 'forever'?

Exactly.

OP if good glass is your first concern, skip the Vortex. If bells and whistles are your main concern the get the Vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a Vortex Viper HS-T 6x24x50 (VHS-4325) that should be coming back from Vortex warranty work any day now. I'll sell it very reasonably if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Look into the new Meopta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I have looked into them. I don’t anything about the brand though.
                    Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    IMO i would find a Nikon Black FX1000 on one of these close out deals for around the $550 range.

I have several vortexs up to the PST no razors and i am just not impressed with the glass. My nikon seems way clearer. My next scope im going to look into Athlon and Arken as well
                    And that right there is the problem I’m having I’m pulling the trigger on a Vortex. Some rue views say that exact thing about clarity. I did read some good reviews on Athlon and found some good prices on them too. Will keep that brand on the list for sure
                    Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Exactly.

OP if good glass is your first concern, skip the Vortex. If bells and whistles are your main concern the get the Vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Mike, bells and whistles are not my concern. I honestly couldn’t think of a heel or whistle on a scope that I would want lol
                    Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                    I have a Vortex Viper HS-T 6x24x50 (VHS-4325) that should be coming back from Vortex warranty work any day now. I'll sell it very reasonably if you're interested.
                    Send me a PM with a price please if you don’t mind? Why was it sent in for warranty work if I may ask?

Comment

Midway has the Vortex Viper PA 6-20x44 on sale for $299 right now, and free shipping.
                      edit: They have your HS listed in your OP with the BDC reticle for $389. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2420760318?pid=760318
                      Last edited by justletmein; 10-22-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I had a few Vortex scopes. Lack of clarity and mirage moved me away from them.

I have Leupold on all my rifles and really like the LRP line however I went with the Meopta binoculars a year ago and love them for glassing, I did this due to several great reviews from some serious shooters. I will strongly consider Meopta for my next scope as well

Comment

Trijicon Huron are excellent and I think that they can take the most abuse. Leupold are also great and have been for a long time. Both are made in the USA.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
                            I've used both Leupold and Vortex's warranties.

Leupold didn't tell me they recommend I send my product back the next year to be gone through again like Vortex

Comment

I think Vortex has cheapened over the last several years. I've got a couple of Diamondbacks I bought about 5 years ago and they are nice.. but picked up a couple the other day and did not see the same level of clarity.

Comment

Working...
                              X