No announcement yet.

When to leave for Kansas deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are killing nice deer now across Kansas. I head that way this Thursday and hunt thru Sunday. Will head back up in two weeks for several days....... if needed. Love this time of the year.
    We have found the deer move well the first two weeks of Nov.

Comment

If you can go, go the weather is good.

Comment

November 11th in eastern side of state. Will also be new moon this year as an added bonus

Comment

Leaving Oct 26-31st last week of October with that cold front will be perfect. Then back Nov12-19.

Comment

Just set my dates last night Nov11-17 and may stay a few more if I have to.

Comment

I'm headed up around the 16 and I'll stay until around Thanksgiving.

I would head up early this week for a short hunt, but landowner is having trouble at home and staying in my house for the time being. Be hard to make a spur of the moment trip. (2 br house, him and daughter staying)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got some buddies up there now better deer are starting to move

Comment

Current plan is to be in SE KS the 6th through 15th...

If I didn't have a work deal next week I'd make a run up if I could... As said earlier, can't kill them KS deer from here!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in SE Iowa 4 miles north of the Iowa/Missouri state line. The bucks here are still mostly nocturnal. Day before yesterday and yesterday I had some bucks in sight about 6:10pm. I am not hunting my prime stands unit Halloween. I made my first sit on the 18th. I am hunting field edge stands that I can slip into where I can see a long ways to monitor movement. With all the scrapes appearing everywhere it is tempting, but the bucks are not moving in daylight yet. You might get lucky, but chances are you will booger up your spots if you go in too early.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd or 3rd week of Nov. Or the late season in Dec

Comment

I’m going 3 day weekend Halloween then 11/13- till I kill

Comment

Go! Now and later!

Comment

I leave tomorrow!!! Cold Water, KS is the closest town, even though technically I am hunting in OK. Supposed to be highs in the 30's early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              I live in SE Iowa 4 miles north of the Iowa/Missouri state line. The bucks here are still mostly nocturnal. Day before yesterday and yesterday I had some bucks in sight about 6:10pm. I am not hunting my prime stands unit Halloween. I made my first sit on the 18th. I am hunting field edge stands that I can slip into where I can see a long ways to monitor movement. With all the scrapes appearing everywhere it is tempting, but the bucks are not moving in daylight yet. You might get lucky, but chances are you will booger up your spots if you go in too early.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got a grandmother that lives in Leon. South of Des Moines in Decatur county. Good luck to all

Comment

Working...
                              X