No announcement yet.

Enchanted rock archery hunt going live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had two decent bucks come in and I wanted the second one but he never gave me a shot. A bunch of does came through but they didn’t want anything to do with me. All and all pretty good three bucks and a shooter I couldn’t close the deal with.

Comment

Good Luck in the morning.

Comment

You need to put out about 3-4 bags of corn. Trust me, you will be covered up. Just only put it on the upwind side chicken fed all over, no piles.

Comment

Did they allow you to drive in or do they take you to your stand location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They don’t let you drive in you basically rock crawl over the thing

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                You need to put out about 3-4 bags of corn. Trust me, you will be covered up. Just only put it on the upwind side chicken fed all over, no piles.
                Why chicken feed?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                  Why chicken feed?

Think he means just spread it out everywhere not in piles of corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                    Why chicken feed?
                    I think he meant scatter it...dont pile it up.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thanks guys. These are the two bucks that came in. I tried to connect with the second one but he didn’t want to give me a shot. He was a lot more spooky then the one in front. They were about the same size. I would guess maybe 130 and a three year old deer. I am not hunting this morning. I have to work and the kids first day of real school is today, LOL. I am heading back out there at noon

Comment

So this is what I am working with I can watch where all the deer are moving it looks like along the same path and I made a narrow corn trail to bring them into shooting range which worked well. My issues were the sun setting is straight on the blind I closed all the windows but at the end I think it spooked does. The other thing is deer are feeding straight down towards me so they are looking at me I think I did well but have considered moving the blind. What do you think? Maybe D or A I think C is too close.

Comment

I agree......A or D.

Comment

I forgot to mention the other hunters took a hog, doe, spike and two 120-130 class bucks

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Working...
                                X