Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is a fellow on here that comes to mind everytime I see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
      Of course not- I'd find the landowner and ask permission. We're taking about one specific situation where I'm teaching my child that ethically, we have an obligation to end the animal's suffering if we can. It's a teachable moment either way, I just lean toward killing the animal as opposed to having one suffer and die a horrible death.
      I'm not telling him to go do heroin and murder folks- all laws aren't created equal- you ever gone over the speed limit with a kid in the car? That's breaking the law and setting an example, right?
      You don't have permission to go on your neighbors land, you already asked. Now, what would you do? Trespass and end the suffering or stay legal?

Comment

Cheeses Rice......guys, only on the GS can a simple question turn sideways so fast. He asked if it was legal for him to take a second shot on a deer wounded by his son. The answer is no. Ethics be ****ed, the answer is still no according to those that enforce the hunting laws. So let’s leave feelings out of it and stop questioning good dad and bad dad scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
          Cheeses Rice......guys, only on the GS can a simple question turn sideways so fast. He asked if it was legal for him to take a second shot on a deer wounded by his son. The answer is no. Ethics be ****ed, the answer is still no according to those that enforce the hunting laws. So let’s leave feelings out of it and stop questioning good dad and bad dad scenarios.
          Wrong. Read his last sentence carefully. He also stated it wasn't unethical, which it is by teaching a brand new hunter it's okay to break the law when he chooses. Big difference, at least to those who have integrity. Now, if he said he would do it and then bring it to a GW with the story, I'd be okay with that. But, we all know that won't happen. Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Wrong. Read his last sentence carefully. He also stated it wasn't unethical, which it is by teaching a brand new hunter it's okay to break the law when he chooses. Big difference, at least to those who have integrity. Now, if he said he would do it and then bring it to a GW with the story, I'd be okay with that. But, we all know that won't happen. Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.
            I must have missed it
            Where is this law located?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I must have missed it
              Where is this law located?
              ??? The OP was asking if it was legal for him to finish off a deer that his son wounded during youth weekend. Hypothetically. We all agree it wasn't legal.

Comment

Do you want him to kill his first deer or tell the story of how dad shoot him for me!
                I would do everything I could to help him make a good shot. If he gut shoots the deer who cares go look for another! You only get to kill your first once!

Comment

??? The OP was asking if it was legal for him to finish off a deer that his son wounded during youth weekend. Hypothetically. We all agree it wasn't legal.
                  I don’t agree and several other don’t either. I’m just wondering where this law is located that says a a parent or guardian can’t finish off a wounded deer.
                  I started a thread specifically to find out if it was legal to kill a wounded deer and apparently it is legal to do so. So if a person can use the law to dispatch A deer hit by a car why can’t that same law be used to dispatch a wounded deer during youth season, that’s all I’m asking

Comment

He didn’t ask that. His question was is it legal to get a follow up shot if his kid wounds a deer and it’s not going down. Which it’s not, plain and simple.

His opinion was that it wasn’t unethical to put down an animal to prevent it from suffering. Whether you think so or not is where the back and forth crap came from.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I don’t agree and several other don’t either. I’m just wondering where this law is located that says a a parent or guardian can’t finish off a wounded deer.
                      I started a thread specifically to find out if it was legal to kill a wounded deer and apparently it is legal to do so. So if a person can use the law to dispatch A deer hit by a car why can’t that same law be used to dispatch a wounded deer during youth season, that’s all I’m asking
                      I know of that thread and it was stated on that thread that the deer had to be wounded through some other way than the person finishing off the deer. Since the father is with the kid, it is not the same.

Comment

I know of that thread and it was stated on that thread that the deer had to be wounded through some other way than the person finishing off the deer. Since the father is with the kid, it is not the same.

I don’t know the answer to that

Comment

He didn’t ask that. His question was is it legal to get a follow up shot if his kid wounds a deer and it’s not going down. Which it’s not, plain and simple.

His opinion was that it wasn’t unethical to put down an animal to prevent it from suffering. Whether you think so or not is where the back and forth crap came from.
                          Okay, we agree on the first part, right?
                          So, if it is illegal for the dad to do a follow up shot, why is it ethical to break the law in front of his kid? I said this a different way without the double negatives.

Comment

The man asked a question, he got his answer. It's up to him to decide how he wants to proceed, legal or not. He will answer for his choice, and raise his son.

I understand integrity, morals, and legality. THey don't always line up. Some men's morals outweigh legalities in their minds, it's for them and the law to sort out the difference.

An example that comes to mind is a kid being bullied at school. According to the law, it is illegal for that kid to knock the holy **** out of a bully...doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do, what would you tell your kid?

The law is black and white, the "right thing to do" is not. Sometimes we have to answer for the difference. It will all be ok, in the end.

Comment

What’s a day on TBH without someone questioning other folks? Heck, I’ve seen some of the same people doing it for the last 9 years they’re worse than the most despicable woman I’ve ever known about not letting crap go, they’ll be on their death bed in 20-30 years, still griping and moaning about the member of their choice who they think is the spawn of satan 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                The man asked a question, he got his answer. It's up to him to decide how he wants to proceed, legal or not. He will answer for his choice, and raise his son.

I understand integrity, morals, and legality. THey don't always line up. Some men's morals outweigh legalities in their minds, it's for them and the law to sort out the difference.

An example that comes to mind is a kid being bullied at school. According to the law, it is illegal for that kid to knock the holy **** out of a bully...doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do, what would you tell your kid?

The law is black and white, the "right thing to do" is not. Sometimes we have to answer for the difference. It will all be ok, in the end.
                                Surprising post by you.
                                Using your example though, there have been many cases where its been judged that the kid striking the bully has been justified. Also, schools are taking a different approach to bullys recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X