No announcement yet.

Covert SD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of my cameras will work if I put an SD card in that is bigger than recommended. For example, one camera recommends a 32G. It will not take a single picture if I put a 64G card in.

Other cards won't let me change the settings on the camera. So, yes, get a new card.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      My only issue with SD cards were both failed cards since 2016. SD cards are a problem too. I've seen it in trail cams too. Running 4-6 Covert cams depending on the season as we speak. Maybe I'm just lucky but I haven't had any issues except a infrared light going out on a 2016 in 2019.

Those updates are due to the cell phone companies doing their own updates....Covert has no control over that and are constantly chasing the big companies If you can't handle firmware or software updates every 6-9 months from any camera brand, then cell cameras are not for you.....there is no doubt Would be nice if they could figure out a way to do it automatically like a cell phone but then again my cell phone cost 3-4 times what my camera does. I'm good with doing it manually at that price. There is no doubt they can make you scratch your head but **** are they awesome and addicting. So many more positives than the occasional negative.
      I'll say this. Using 7 cameras from different maker for the last year. No software, no restart camera, or SD card issues. I am not sure if customer service is good or not as I have not had to call. I dont miss talking to the lady in Kentucky.

Comment

I run about 15 cameras yearly & have been strictly using Sandisk 16 gb chips. In fact, this very camera has been more than happy with these chips for the better part of 3 years.

Now, all of a sudden it needs a different brand & class of storage device?

Smart, I hear you loud & clear. I’ve tossed a piles worth of chips, that malfunctioned one way or another. A lot that we’re supposed to be “the good ones.” They all fail if you run the numbers long enough.

My gut feeling is this thing has got a screw loose somewhere & hopefully we can talk about getting it fixed soon. But I’ll definitely try this chip thing. Be awesome if it worked. I’m just not that lucky.

It kinda feels like Bill Gates has his finger in my cell cam scouting plan.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	24633986
          I run upwards of 100 cams some years, this is a tote of about 60/70 covert cams. And I’ve not run into that issue yet. One thing I have run into is swapping cards between different brands of cameras, they do not like that and will do crazy stuff or not work at all. another issue i ran into several years ago was re-formatting card at every use. Started have issues with them. i run sandisk 16 in all cams from amazon. hope its just a card problem bud, im a huge fan of my coverts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It fixed the same problem I had with a covert cell cam. I doubted her too. Plugged in a new SD mini card. No problems since

Comment

Working...
            X