Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool buck congrats!!

Comment

Arrowsmith, standing on the small bars, spikes and small platform. How do you keep your feet from getting fatigued?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Arrowsmith, standing on the small bars, spikes and small platform. How do you keep your feet from getting fatigued?
        You can sit with your knees against the tree which takes all weight off your feet. You can also sit sideways with your right or left thigh against the tree. I haven't had any problem with foot fatigue, but my sits usually are 4-5 hours max.

Since I am posting I will give an update. We have been having beautiful weather up here for December. Temps in the mid 60s for a high for several days. It rained all day yesterday as the cold front approached and today we have a 4-5" of snow.

I did not buy a Season 1 gun tag, but I did buy a Season 2 gun tag which opened this morning. Not sure I am going to shoot one, but it's going to be fun hunting in the snow. If I see areally nice buck that ain't busted up I might let the .450 Bushmaster eat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Purdy

Comment

Gorgeous pic!! Gonna be in the neighborhood next week.Let me know if you need anything from Texas Gonna be in North Iowa for a week.Wish we were hunting,but just visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Gorgeous pic!! Gonna be in the neighborhood next week.Let me know if you need anything from Texas Gonna be in North Iowa for a week.Wish we were hunting,but just visiting.
              You are probably heading up I-35 but if you get over east a bit come by and visit.

Comment

That’s a pretty scene Mike, but it looks cold ......brrrr !

Comment

So does the cat stalk the deer? Those pics are hilarious. It doesn’t seem to bother the deer!

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Still enjoying this thread!

Comment

Beautiful pics.

The stalking cats are famous

Thanx for the response. I have started buying my accessories (ring of steps), probably gonna buy my saddle and ropes today....not sure about platform and climbing sticks.
                        Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-13-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          Beautiful pics.

The stalking cats are famous

Thanx for the response. I have started buying my accessories (ring of steps), probably gonna buy my saddle and ropes today....not sure about platform and climbing sticks.
                          Here is a short video of my climbing method and platform. I aborted the second video that I mentioned. The selfie function on my phone while in the tree doesn't give much clarity. I need a camera person.[emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            Here is a short video of my climbing method and platform. I aborted the second video that I mentioned. The selfie function on my phone while in the tree doesn't give much clarity. I need a camera person.[emoji1]

Good vid. Well that will be my next purchase is the climbing aides, maybe a platform. Research continues.

Comment

I did a little still hunting today. I walked about 2-3 miles. I saw several deer and a coyote.

Comment

Very beautiful pics. Glad your retirement dream is working out for y’all. I have followed your thread and all the work is coming together.

Comment

Working...
                                X