No announcement yet.

Ford 5.0 trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2014 with 247,000 miles on it and it has been a great truck!

Comment

2014 and no problems except for mice! Just went over 100,000 miles and runs like a top. Now my wife's vehicle!

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
        I’ve got a 2011 lariat 5.0 4x4 with 214,000 miles. Just drove from Texas to Montana and back for an elk hunt. No major problems so far
        I also have a 2011 with 212 on the clock. It has been a good solid reliable truck, and has Had no major issues.

Comment

I have a 2013 still going with 295,000.

Comment

I have a 2011 XLT with the 5.0 4x4. Just turned 200K. Not a single problem so far. Thought about upgrading several times, but can't make myself do it. I think this thing will run forever !!

Comment

I've owned 3 of the 5.0 4x4 and never had an issue with any. Have all been great!

Comment

I had a 2012 King Ranch with eco engine which had problems and I didn't want another one. Bought a 2017 King Ranch with 5.0. Have 50k on it with no problems. Talked to employees at the dealership about the two engines. One was a mechanic and the others were in management and sales. three of them had bought new 2017 trucks and all had picked the 5.0 for there personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
                  Anyone have a 4x4 F-150 with the 5.0?

Do you like it?

Looking at one at a dealership and was hoping for some feedback on this engine
                  Bought a 2020 3 weeks ago. Base package with just the STX, 4x4 and 5.0L added. Happy so far, gas mileage is worse than my 2008 6.2L AWD Denali on the highway though. Don't need all the bells and whistles of the $70k trucks these days.

I will eventually swap the gearing though to 3.73 and a Truetrac or similar. The open diff with 3.32 or whatever it is lacking for me.

Most recent vehicle was a Chevy with a small turbo motor and it was nothing but headaches after 30k miles. It needed a new turbo system about every 15k and I swore I wouldn't do another factory turbo car unless it was a diesel for years to come.
                  Last edited by bdubb; 10-19-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I have a 2018 F150 4X4 with 5.0, at about 18k miles, motor developed a knock. Local Ford dealer told me it was a normal noise ��. Took it to another dealer when knock got worse, had motor changed out at 32k miles (under warranty) Have had 4 A/C system's put in it and new leaf springs already. I know have 60k miles on truck with 28k on new motor. Only issue now, the windshield wipers will not turn off. Think mine was built on a Friday when everyone at factory wanted off early!

Comment

2016 F150 w/ 5.0 65k miles no problems whatsoever. I hear the famous typewriter tick sometimes which is annoying but “normal” in most all engines today regardless of the make. My 15 LML duramax had the same tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

had a 2013 4x4 5.0 and liked it a lot. zero motor issues. traded recently @ 100k miles for a 2020 5.0 and so far I don't like the 10 speed on the low end. Had the auto stop disabled

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
                          Bought a 2020 3 weeks ago. Base package with just the STX, 4x4 and 5.0L added. Happy so far, gas mileage is worse than my 2008 6.2L AWD Denali on the highway though. Don't need all the bells and whistles of the $70k trucks these days.

I will eventually swap the gearing though to 3.73 and a Truetrac or similar. The open diff with 3.32 or whatever it is lacking for me.

Most recent vehicle was a Chevy with a small turbo motor and it was nothing but headaches after 30k miles. It needed a new turbo system about every 15k and I swore I wouldn't do another factory turbo car unless it was a diesel for years to come.

I agree with you. I have the 3.31 gearing and rolling at 75mph the truck usually stays in 9th gear... and the trans does not like pulling a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X