X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright boys, I got the popcorn!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      Every cell in my body says " don't get involved in this" . But sometimes I fail at discretion.I have both hi fence and low fence properties and a good many years observing both. To believe that hf cant be equal to or even more challenging to hunt than low fence is simply wrong. I too hunted the King Ranch when it opened as well as other low fenced ranches where the deer mellow. The challenge of the hunt is generally a function of pressure and habitat.

To prove the point to the " its a cage crowd" "It aint hunting crowd" "Eventually your going to see them crowd" " they cant escape crowd" etc etc I offer the following challenge. Here is a pic of a 7 or 8 yr old buck on my farm.I offer all the critics the opportunity to come hunt him. Got a pic of him last night . If you get him you will have a magnificent mid 190's trophy. If you don't get him you pay my management bill for the year...feed, seed, and labor. The only other qualifier I'll put on it is that after your through hunting him you have to report in about how the hunt went. Should be simple right? Its only 1350 acres
      Q Beam's disqualify you from this offer? Asking for a friend

Comment

Every cell in my body says " don't get involved in this" . But sometimes I fail at discretion.I have both hi fence and low fence properties and a good many years observing both. To believe that hf cant be equal to or even more challenging to hunt than low fence is simply wrong. I too hunted the King Ranch when it opened as well as other low fenced ranches where the deer mellow. The challenge of the hunt is generally a function of pressure and habitat.

To prove the point to the " its a cage crowd" "It aint hunting crowd" "Eventually your going to see them crowd" " they cant escape crowd" etc etc I offer the following challenge. Here is a pic of a 7 or 8 yr old buck on my farm.I offer all the critics the opportunity to come hunt him. Got a pic of him last night . If you get him you will have a magnificent mid 190's trophy. If you don't get him you pay my management bill for the year...feed, seed, and labor. The only other qualifier I'll put on it is that after your through hunting him you have to report in about how the hunt went. Should be simple right? Its only 1350 acres
        That is a stud of a buck

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
          Q Beam's disqualify you from this offer? Asking for a friend

Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So let’s say there’s a $100,00 for you to bring in a 190, you hunting your place or my place that’s LF? There’s at least a guaranteed 190” walking around on your place..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
              So let’s say there’s a $100,00 for you to bring in a 190, you hunting your place or my place that’s LF? There’s at least a guaranteed 190” walking around on your place..
              Now your getting somewhere. Its not about whether its hunting or not. HF is about management. I'm sure it can be just as challenging as LF. Ive never hunted HF so i can't say.. If your place has a 190 on it too (there are 190's on LF), I'd decide which had the better chance of harvesting the buck. It could be either, depending on pressure and other factors. To each his own. Why judge anothers choice? Whats in it for you?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

if you are anti HF you better be shooting a homemade recurve with homemade arrows and handmade stone arrowheads with no game cameras and no feeder. or you are cheating. i LOL at rifle hunters who talk down on HF. you have a GUN. it shoots 500 yards to a dime. How is that SO MUCH MORE challenging vs hunting a HF? classic...

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                  if you are anti HF you better be shooting a homemade recurve with homemade arrows and handmade stone arrowheads with no game cameras and no feeder. or you are cheating. i LOL at rifle hunters who talk down on HF. you have a GUN. it shoots 500 yards to a dime. How is that SO MUCH MORE challenging vs hunting a HF? classic...

So who built your homemade recurve with homemade arrows and handmade stone arrowheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Bro you killed me with this one [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HF hunters always have to justify their hunts to people and that’s all anyone will ever need to know lol

Comment

OP starts a troll thread and then runs, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          HF hunters always have to justify their hunts to people and that’s all anyone will ever need to know lol

[emoji57]

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Actually, it’s not. We hand corn the area out in front of the house so we and our wives can enjoy watching them, free of any hunting pressure. They get a pass, and slowly, eventually get comfortable eating corn while they watch us. They are still jumpy and will run off if we move too suddenly, but they ease back to eat.

Out away frim the house, it is a different story.

I kid my friend, the owner, that the deer discuss these things at their Lodge Meetings and Conventions, and eventually the deer on the other side of the ranch are going to start visiting this “safe place” with plenty of food on the ground. Then, eventually, he will have no deer on the rest of the ranch. They will be concentrated on the 10 acre no shooting zone in front of the house! 😬

[ATTACH]1023869[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1023870[/ATTACH]

He is in a safe zone.
                            If you gut shot that sucker he would probably make it out of the safe zone.

Comment

Yes.

And I've been on high fence places where critters were MUCH more skittish than low fence.

Comment

I've been on one high fence ranch.It was a shade over 5,000 acres.I couldn't tell the difference in the way the whitetails acted,compared to low fence..Had it been 300 acres? It wouldn't have been the same,I know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X