No announcement yet.

GOUT Sufferers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The indomathecin made me almost like hallucinate. It was weird, he took me off it and went to allipurinal and all is better. And I can’t spell either obviously. Lol

Comment

Last attack was 1999. Woke up and both feet felt like exploding,

Crawled to doctor. Got allopurinol. No bouts with gout again and can't identify any side affects.

Comment

No Side effects. Gout is the devil.

Comment

Been on it for years. No side effects that I have ever felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I take Allopurinol and don't know if I have side effects or not . I take heart, diabetes, blood pressure, hormone and who knows what else. Each of those has side effects, so i can't ID which ones cause them.

When I have a bad flair up of gout, I take Colcrys to knock it down.

Comment

Old thread I know.

But I'm so miserable with this current bout that I had to tell someone, lol (but I'm not laughing).

Started yesterday. 1st flareup in several years, but it's a humdinger.

Started this morning on whatever prednisone pk I had left from back when. Hope it works. Couldn't get shoe on this am (Big toe - rt ft (same as always). Have to walk 100 yds cross parking lot into work, then up 20 steps!

Took 20 min, literally!

I have rods in my back from neck to pelvis. Been through 6-7 back surgeries. But I dont think any of the pain from those was any worse than this crap!

Ok, rant over, carry on.

Comment

Gout is the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced. I started having pretty regular flare ups in my left big toe about 6 months ago. I cut out processed foods and almost all carbs back in December and haven't had a flare up since.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                  Old thread I know.

But I'm so miserable with this current bout that I had to tell someone, lol (but I'm not laughing).

Started yesterday. 1st flareup in several years, but it's a humdinger.

Started this morning on whatever prednisone pk I had left from back when. Hope it works. Couldn't get shoe on this am (Big toe - rt ft (same as always). Have to walk 100 yds cross parking lot into work, then up 20 steps!

Took 20 min, literally!

I have rods in my back from neck to pelvis. Been through 6-7 back surgeries. But I dont think any of the pain from those was any worse than this crap!

Ok, rant over, carry on.

Thats no bueno. The awkward way you have to walk has got to be playing heck on your back with all that hardware in there. Hope it goes away quick for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would rather take repeatedly swift kicks to the nads than have another gout attack.

My trigger is fish, especially speckled trout and redfish. Also, stress usually throws me into an attack. Within last 6/7 years, I've never had a big moment without being full of prednisone, indomethacin, and advil... that includes my wedding day, interviews, and before football games when I was still playing.

I can keep it at bay, but i have to drink ALOT of water per day.. 1 gal+.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of gout victims don't realize how how big of a role dehydration plays in the whole picture. Stay hydrated (water) and I will use Liquid IV or Drip-Drop when I'm sweating a lot.

Comment

I keep a supply of Colcrys for when my gout flares up. It works fairly quickly.

Comment

Tinkle myself!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          A lot of gout victims don't realize how how big of a role dehydration plays in the whole picture. Stay hydrated (water) and I will use Liquid IV or Drip-Drop when I'm sweating a lot.
                          On 5th bottle water since 7 am. Bathroom is DOWN (then back up) those 20 steps!

There is a near empty gal of tea in the employee fridge next door that I've been spying pretty hard!

Comment

I get a prescription of indomethacin and just keep it on hand. If I ever feel an attack coming on I'll take a couple and then take one a day for the next couple days and it's gone.

Comment

I’ve been having gout attacks for over 40 years.
                              Sometimes got 2-3 years without n attack.
                              I’ve been having some lately. I been eating black berries n it does the job. Mi eat dark cherries when n seaso

Comment

I take allopurinol daily, in my situation it works for me.
                                Last edited by tps7742; 04-05-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X