No announcement yet.

GOUT Sufferers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... the prednisone worked. I limped in w both my sock AND shoe on this am. Still irritatingly tender, but manageable.

Went on a binge last week. Home made venison chili a couple nights, Home made smoked venison German Ssg (3 meals outta that deal), T-bones next night at house, Steak & shrimp at Roadhouse next night, plus LOTS Miller Lites to wash all that down. And "lots" might be an understatement.

Sposed to stretch the prednisone pk out over a 5 day stretch, I think.

I took one this am and likely done. Saves enough for a couple more "flare-ups".

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
      This isn’t the case with everyone. Vodka was/is my one and only trigger I can identify. I miss Vodka in the summer months.
      As a 3 year gout sufferer, Agreed! Everyone will discover their own "triggers".

Vodka is not mine, and beer may not be an issue either. I just studied some and that's based only about how most human bodies function.

Gin will cause a gout flare up for myself. Quickly. Any type, quality, or whatever. I don't drink crappy tequila, but the good clear stuff hasn't caused a gout problem. I quit scotch because of gout and enjoy Jack D occasionally. no issues yet. Gin is an immediate trigger for me when paired with the great foods.

About a year ago... Over the course of 4 days I ate shrimp, crawfish, lobster, and elk backstrap. I was treating myself like a King! Within the next 48 hours I had a foot that felt like I had been punished by hobbling!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
        Well... the prednisone worked. I limped in w both my sock AND shoe on this am. Still irritatingly tender, but manageable.

Went on a binge last week. Home made venison chili a couple nights, Home made smoked venison German Ssg (3 meals outta that deal), T-bones next night at house, Steak & shrimp at Roadhouse next night, plus LOTS Miller Lites to wash all that down. And "lots" might be an understatement.

Sposed to stretch the prednisone pk out over a 5 day stretch, I think.

I took one this am and likely done. Saves enough for a couple more "flare-ups".
        Sounds like my story. You lived like a true King!

The prednisone will get you ahead of it. Be patient. Allopurinol will maintain it in time. I also believe in the cherries and pure tart cherry juice to help. Not a cure for a flare up.

Comment

I have dealt with gout for many years now. I take colchine daily. I have diclofenac for flare ups. I could not take allopurinol. I tried twice but it would make other joints hurt like my wrists or ankle when I normally just get it in my big toe. The best relief I have found is a natural formula I buy online. See picture below. It has helped more than anything.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CLR; 04-06-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Doh !%#$%##@%^

Gave a co-worker some of that Grmn Ssg the other day.

Well.... he brought me some for lunch today !

I could feel my toe tightening up as I was eatn it!

Mights well grab a case on the way home and pop some more Prednisone, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              That ain't gonna happen, Tony!

Me either, that’s why I take the medicine religiously [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never knew there were any side affects from Allopurinol. I take it as a maintenance med to prevent Gout. i take Colchicine when having a Gout attack. I usually get the runs from taking it but thats much better than gout any day

Comment

Well, I guess I drew the short straw this go round.. been lacking on my allopurinol..

Left foot started that tingle yesterday.. and I thought to myself oh chit, here we go. Throughout the night, it's gotten considerably worse. Just downed some indomethacin and a bottle of dark cherry juice I always have on standby..

Gawd i hate this chit.. i know what it's going to feel like when I wake up.. fml

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                    So it’s been 13 years since my first gout attack. I finally got to the point where nothing was working(diet, hydration, etc..). So I’m currently having an acute attack and I threw in the towel and doc started me on Indomethacin and Allopurinol. My question to y’all is, what are some of the side effects that y’all have experienced with Allopurinol? I’m on day 3 of taking it and I’m having some what appears to be mild to moderate side effects. Before I reach out to my doc, I would like to see what some fellow gout sufferers have experienced!
                    no side effects

Comment

Tart Cherry Extract from the supplement aisle at Walmart. One cap a day, unless I eat something that will cause a spike then i will take two or three. You can also get Tart Cherry juice. It is tart and thick! It is the same thing in liquid form. I haven't had Gout/uric acid show up on a physical since I started taking it in 2013.

Comment

I prescribed allopurinol weekly. Very seldom do I ever have any side effects or complications from allopurinol. Indomethacin on the other hand is very difficult on the system. It works tremendously with acute gount. I usually only prescribe i docmeyhacin for two days due to the affect on the kidneys and stomach. Be sure to take indomethacin with food as well as not for a long time. Allopurinol is some thing that usually works great to keep gout flareups from coming back. I have vegetarians that actually are goit patients

Comment

Culture scene is easier on the stomach and kidneys but takes a little longer to treat the flare up

Comment

Working...
                          X