No announcement yet.

Dove decoy on box blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone here also mentioned putting a bird feeder beside or right in front of your blind.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      by dove decoy,are you saying mojo or motionless?
      Billy, I am pretty sure he is talking motionless.

I have been known to dove hunt with one on my cap It still didn't help me hit them.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Comment

About 20 years ago I read to use a crow decoy near your tree stand, any movement the deer noticed would be associated with the crow and they would go back to their business.

Comment

It works. Dove or crow.

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
              I think that was ballgame. That’s why he did the decoy to get away with some movement. That’s funny this came up because the other day I bought a four pack hoping it would help since my 6 year old boy wants to bow hunt with me. I hope they think the bird speaks because he has never won the quite game.
              Great idea. I will try this next week. We've had a 4 pack in our barn for probably 25 years. Last time I saw them, they were still in the shrink wrap and in perfect shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Good idea, Mister B. I may do that myself.
                Maybe, maybe not. Hawks will take an interest in the dove as a free meal and hang around your stand. Then you'll have the birds and squirrels chirping out distress warnings. Deer and turkey will take notice of such warnings and decide not to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Maybe, maybe not. Hawks will take an interest in the dove as a free meal and hang around your stand. Then you'll have the birds and squirrels chirping out distress warnings. Deer and turkey will take notice of such warnings and decide not to come in.
                  Turkey decoy it is then... my 12 yr old can’t sit still for 15 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Dadgummit! I had not thought about that scenario! (Deer hunting) life is not easy!

Comment

Been doing it for years. Works like a champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X