No announcement yet.

Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got in the stand only to realize I had a full quiver of arrows with field points one time.

Comment

Was sitting in a tree with a buddy and he dropped his arrow, his only arrow. He got to just watch as I shot a pig instead of us doubling up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        No
        I always take 3
        About half the time the first one hits the spine
        I'm excited and sail the second one over it's back
        I settle down and use the third one to finish off the critter

this cracks me up lol!!! The exact thing happened to me with last years buck lol.

Comment

Not intentionally; however, only having one arrow would not promote me to leave the stand. Honestly, I've only used more than one arrow a few times and it's always been with hogs. In those instances, I shot one, the pack scattered and then they came back in a bit later.

I'll admit, I have never forgot to bring arrows to the stand. Now, if the question were a release, guilty as charged. Learned that lesson a few years ago and now always keep a back-up release in my pack.

Comment

For sure. It only takes one. I prefer 6 though so i can keep slinging when the hogs won’t leave. Never needed more than one on a deer.

Comment

If it's all I had when I got to camp. Certainly wouldn't lay on the couch. IF you're asking now, you have time to buy a couple more

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                I gone with none...
                how does that work.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                  I had five with me last weekend on an evening hunt, came back with one. Stuck a doe right at dark and got down to look for blood, came face to face with about 15 pigs running in at 10 yards. I got three shots off in just a matter of seconds. In the excitement, I missed with one shot but got two of the pigs.
                  sounds like a good way to make a light quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    Got in the stand only to realize I had a full quiver of arrows with field points one time.
                    that hurts.

Comment

If it mean the difference between hunting or not hunting, then yes, i'd just make that 1st shot count.

Comment

Yep. I only carry 2 up in a tree with me normally. I don't waste an arrow on a hog very often because they are expensive and usually always break my arrow. If I need more than two arrows for a deer, I really should practice more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post

this cracks me up lol!!! The exact thing happened to me with last years buck lol.
                          this is why I question.

I have them on order but only the new slick tricks have come in, not my arrows. I got the same spin and arrow and head due to not having time to tune a new arrow. My fault that I only started with 3 for the opening. Hogs got the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                            this is why I question.

I have them on order but only the new slick tricks have come in, not my arrows. I got the same spin and arrow and head due to not having time to tune a new arrow. My fault that I only started with 3 for the opening. Hogs got the other two.
                            Im having the same problem my arrows have been on backorder since end of august and i only have 3 as well. But if it were me id go hunting, maybe pick up some cheap/old arrows for back up.

Comment

I would but don't. I've emptied a five arrow quiver.
                              Then cleaned pigs all night.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

No I have spined a few and missed a few over the years I take at least three

Comment

Working...
                                X