Wyoming preference points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming preference points

Don't know if someone posted this or not but the deadline for purchasing PP in Wyoming is Nov.2 .

If you plan to hunt elk, deer or pronghorn antelope any time in next few years or the future buy one now. They do not allow you to purchase a PP when you apply and if unsuccessful you are not given one you must buy one before Nov. 2.

We have some deer regions and tags that can be drawn with 0 PP, some antelope areas too but best areas need at least a few.
    General elk takes a few PP now to draw as well.

Wyoming does allot 25 % of NR tags to a random draw that all have a chance in regardless of PP totals.
    Wyoming also has a Special, higher price, tag pool you can apply in. It has better odds for some tags and worse for others.

Reduced price doe/ fawn and some cow elk tags are random draw too and do not need or use your PP.

Remember 2 nd choice tags drawn do not use your PP, you get to keep them.
    Wyoming also has a left over draw that all enter together, residents and NR, and is random. It is in June.

Done, thanks

Comment

Thanks wytex. Got mine, my son, and nephew’s this week. From 12-18 years they are only $10 per species. It is an affordable way to get points for kids. They will thank you later.

Comment

Thanks for reminder!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Bought elk and speedgoat a couple weeks ago but need to do mule deer also. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Yes sir. I have 2 now. Wanting to make the trip for my 65th. Not after a trophy, but a unit where I would be able to shoot a buck and does for the freezer. And mainly the adventure of course.

Comment

I was looking at the Wyoming website related to this last night..
                Thank you

Comment

I drew a tag this year. Can I buy one if I drew a tag?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Bought elk and speedgoat a couple weeks ago but need to do mule deer also. Thanks for the reminder.
                    Just snagged it! Thanks again for the reminder

Comment

Good heads up!

Comment

Snagged an elk point earlier in the summer but just went back and got deer and speed goat points. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                          Yes sir. I have 2 now. Wanting to make the trip for my 65th. Not after a trophy, but a unit where I would be able to shoot a buck and does for the freezer. And mainly the adventure of course.
                          2 points now, applying next season w/ 3 you will have plenty of points to successfully draw a good unit to do exactly what you want.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Been holding off on if I want to continue building moose points, I think I'll keep building.

Comment

Also be sure to check your points, I have several antelope points and some deer points magically disappear.....Wyoming fish and game acknowledged it but with out receipts to back it up said i was SOL

Comment

Working...
                              X