180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Funny, the man asks about 180" deer and 30" trout and the masses all have at least one. The man asks for pics and the thread goes cold.
    Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      LF bow kill 185 2/8ths Iowa 2017. Original thread https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=670731

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have one question for you sir how in the hell do you draw on something that big

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

How bout a 29 and a 24...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          I have one question for you sir how in the hell do you draw on something that big

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          Wrapped around the backside of the tree with my safety harness maxed out

Comment

I'll play.....Low Fence bow kill 184 5/8", main fram 8 with 9 nontypical points. Taken Halloween evening 2011.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll play.....Low Fence bow kill 184 5/8", main fram 8 with 9 nontypical points. Taken Halloween evening 2011.

If a 30” trout gets you more excited than that beast then something is definitely wrong with you!

Comment

Dream buck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is one that is just a touch over 30”, had two that were twins that day and 2 TBHers that witnessed it.

Comment

I enjoy the heck out of chasing both. I’m in for trout though. There are very few things I enjoy more than wading and sight casting for gator trout, and most of them are not appropriate to discuss on here.

Nice to see a thread where different opinions can be had without a major meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      If a 30” trout gets you more excited than that beast then something is definitely wrong with you!

Now days in completely depends on where the buck is.

Free range I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        Post ‘em if you’ve got them, LF 180” or Artificial 30”+, let’s see what you got!

Bonus points for those with both, which is not me!
                        Taken October 1, 2020 low fence NW OK. Unofficial 185 3/8” scored by the game warden for that county.
                        For the record, I’ve killed 3 more off the same property over 170” since 2004.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I don’t often get to fish with people who are interested in targeting big trout. I usually have to fish with people that want to fill the boat and drink beer, which I’m perfectly capable of doing as well. I fished with a pretty serious group of fishermen for about 8 or 9 years and we caught our share of 30”+ trout that were verified at the boat on the stick and released. I’ve got pictures of two that were caught the same night on artificial under a blood red moon. Mine went 30 1/4” and my buddies went 30 7/8”. Both tout were verified on the stick and released.

That being said, I’ve hunted a long time in some great counties and never had a 180” buck in front of me. I want him worse than anything else in Texas.

Comment

I have fished Baffin and south to PM my whole life and the 30” trout would mean more to me.....Where I hunt a 140 is a BIG deer but hunting is easily controlled by $$$. No amount of money can guarantee you a 30” trout.

Comment

A 30" trout is probably more rare than a true free range 180" buck....but I dont care. if you have seen one big trout you have seen them all. I can sit and stare at a big buck mount all day, a big trout might get 2 minutes of my time. and just fyi, I have both

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Now days in completely depends on where the buck is.

Free range I agree.

He shot a low fence deer. If I had to choose one I’d shoot a 140” public land deer over a 250” high fence buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X