No announcement yet.

180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is easy, I’ll take the 180 all day long.

Comment

Heck I didn’t go archery deer at all, because the carp were biting. I ended up catching a 36” 21lb 6oz. Had a blast, no regrets. ( fly rod)

Comment

There has been some really good input on this thread. I think there may be some geographical division causing those poor, poor souls that don’t get to fish the coast much and don’t realize what their missing to misjudge what a trophy a big trout is.

Maybe I should have gone with 32” since many have seem to already have cleared the 30” mark. Like my old friend Country Apostolo always said, 32” 10-2# is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          All it takes is money to get your 180, even low fence. I’m sure I could pick up the phone tomorrow and find me a hunt for this weekend if I wanted. I’ve been fishing the salt water for a long time, and caught many, many big fish and haven’t cracked 30” yet, and I know guys that have fished many more years than me and haven’t either.
          Please share contact info. Looking for a 180 LF and don’t want to be on a waitlist.

Comment

Has anyone ever done this at the King in one day? 180 in the AM then go catch a 30 in Baffin in the PM?

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
              Has anyone ever done this at the King in one day? 180 in the AM then go catch a 30 in Baffin in the PM?
              You’re an idea man!

If there is any place in the world this could be done, it’s here. Wouldn’t even need a boat, just wade right out on the KR shoreline.

Comment

A banded spoony!

Comment

I’d take the Thirty any day over any deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Title definitely should have read " LF 180 vs. 30" Trout "

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Title definitely should have read " LF 180 vs. Arty 30" Trout "
                      FIFY.

Bait and High Fences are about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        FIFY.
                        Ah I c, so much better! Wonder how any of these 30 inch trout would drop out if you added the arty factor.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah I c, so much better! Wonder how any of these 30 inch trout would drop out if you added the arty factor.

Great question, I would suspect quite a bit. I have one and it came on an arty. 1/8 jig head and a TTF trout killer in sabine machine. Never forget it.
                          Last edited by rtp; 10-17-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Title definitely should have read " LF 180 vs. 30" Trout "
                            Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            FIFY.

Bait and High Fences are about the same.

I would bet quite a few would drop off. Mine have all been on artificials, either a bone super spook or a corkie.

Comment

Someone should start a 30”+ trout thread so we can see all the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                                Someone should start a 30”+ trout thread so we can see all the pics.
                                Post ‘em if you’ve got them, LF 180” or Artificial 30”+, let’s see what you got!

Bonus points for those with both, which is not me!

Comment

Working...
                                X