Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    Looks like you finally got a correct answer

Finally? The correct answer was in post 12 and repeated several times.

Comment

Who was on Third base again

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Finally? The correct answer was in post 12 and repeated several times.

Comment

Seems like profiling to me...

Comment

Seems to me that there is no law against taking your dog for a walk after the hunt on a leash in those Counties.. May end up on the GW thread though

Comment

Originally posted by HelmCrusher View Post
              Can or can I not use a deer to help track a wounded deer in the 10 East Texas Counties?

I emailed the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department this question on Oct 2nd. I was always told by locals and coworkers that I could not use a dog or call a tracker to help recover a wounded deer. I was hunting in Angelina, San Augustine and Sabine counties. I have even seen a post just a few days ago on here saying you couldn't use a tracking dog in Jasper County.

Well I recieved an email back today from hunt@tpwd.texas.gov. Their reply is posted below.

"It is illegal to hunt deer with dogs in every county in Texas. You can however, use a dog to track wounded animals in Texas. However, in the 10 counties listed you may not be in possession of a shotgun while tracking a wounded deer during an open deer season with a dog."

So has anyone heard differently this year?

I am going to call the local game warden/s to confirm later today, and will reply back to this thread with their answer.
              Be careful, you are being baited!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                It was illegal in Angelina County last year. I don't think anything has changed.

Absolutely terrible law not to allow tracking dogs in every county. Even if on a leash I could accept it.
                A couple of years back there was a heated discussion about this very subject. It was the SETx landowners that did not want this to happen. From the info I have gathered, I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  A couple of years back there was a heated discussion about this very subject. It was the SETx landowners that did not want this to happen. From the info I have gathered, I don't blame them.

I was told the same thing. Landowners are the ones keeping the law in place.

Comment

I heard it was the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Imho over time the older farmers and big land owners will eventually move on and things will change.
                      Last edited by tps7742; 10-14-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

That was the consensus among landowners that attended public scoping meetings in those counties.
                        Angelina was the only county on the list more receptive to legalizing at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          That was the consensus among landowners that attended public scoping meetings in those counties.
                          Angelina was the only county on the list more receptive to legalizing at some point.
                          Hopefully when neighboring counties see it works it will catch hold in these other counties.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                            Hopefully when neighboring counties see it works it will catch hold in these other counties.
                            E Tx landowners aren't very appreciative of strange people crossing their fences. Not sure when that will change. Cant say that I blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              E Tx landowners aren't very appreciative of strange people crossing their fences. Not sure when that will change. Cant say that I blame them.
                              My intent was hunters and like should still have to abide by laws that are currently in place. There are only a handful of east tx counties that still do not allow it as we know. I grew up in one of these counties and retired back here. They/we have earned this reputation in the past.

Comment

Sounds like an unjust law to me. A person should be able to retrieve a wounded animal with all the help they can get.. is it illegal to just walk your dog and happen upon your deer that you had given up on?

Comment

Working...
                                X