Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Story of “Chills”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on one cool looking buck!

Comment

Dude, that is an awesome buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That is a great buck and he will look fantastic on the wall. And by the way, nice shot!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
            Congrats- freaky for sure.

PS I'm not trying to kill your chill but that's highly unlikely a certified B&C scorer and very likely a volunteer Texas Big Game Awards scorer with a 4 hr class on how to score. And yes I'm a TBGA scorer so I know the type of training we got Anyway, with a buck that unusual you are likely to get 10 different scores (from what I can see, I'd likely have already scored it differently) varying by 10 inches one way or the other. If you really want to know, seek a real (takes lots of class time and shadowing other scorers etc) P&Y or B&C scorer in your area.
            My apologies in advance if this TBGA scorer is a certified B&C scorer also.

I completely understand where you are coming from but she’s a legit scorer. This deer has actually been scored 3 times now. Once for the big game awards, then she took him to a panel of B&C scorers I believe there was 3 scorers on that day and they rescored him to the most true B&C measurements. He actually went up a little and green scored 170 6/8. After the 60 day drying period I got him dry scored and he will go in the Pope and Young book at 170 gross and 165 2/8 Net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
              Actually had a buddy send me a pic of this buck a couple weeks ago, awesome writeup and congrats on a great buck. Update the thread with the shoulder mount when it gets done!

Thanks man! I haven’t been on the green screen in awhile, so just catching up! I will definitely update with a pic of the mount, im going all out on this one. This mount is gonna cost me a arm and leg but this deer deserves it! I’m hoping to have him back and completely finished by May!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                That is a great buck and he will look fantastic on the wall. And by the way, nice shot!

Thank you sir! You know getting my hands on this deer was the biggest hunting accomplishment I’ve ever had. But I’ll tell you at the end of the day the part of the story that makes me the happiest is the shot was perfect and he only went 40-50 yards. One thing that I’ve learned is when you let that arrow go and it hits where it’s supposed to, there’s not a feeling like it!

Comment

Congrats on a tremendous buck!

The most difference I have seen in scores is between P&Y, B&C scorers and TBGA scorers!

I have scored a buck that I thought was not going to make B&C because of what I thought was an abnormal typical point that did not have a matching point on the other beam. I only rough scored as I am not a certified B&C scorer, only P&Y and TBGA, BUT when a local B&C scorer scored him he made book. Glad for the hunter, but I still disagree with the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Creed Killer View Post
                    I completely understand where you are coming from but she’s a legit scorer. This deer has actually been scored 3 times now. Once for the big game awards, then she took him to a panel of B&C scorers I believe there was 3 scorers on that day and they rescored him to the most true B&C measurements. He actually went up a little and green scored 170 6/8. After the 60 day drying period I got him dry scored and he will go in the Pope and Young book at 170 gross and 165 2/8 Net.

Cool deal

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Congrats on a tremendous buck!

The most difference I have seen in scores is between P&Y, B&C scorers and TBGA scorers!

I have scored a buck that I thought was not going to make B&C because of what I thought was an abnormal typical point that did not have a matching point on the other beam. I only rough scored as I am not a certified B&C scorer, only P&Y and TBGA, BUT when a local B&C scorer scored him he made book. Glad for the hunter, but I still disagree with the score.
                      I learned so much through this process. This deer was a head scratcher when it came to scoring him and the lady who scored him for me taught me a lot. I didn’t know about symmetrical and asymmetrical points. So his biggest mass measurement of 5 1/2 inches I didn’t get because it was on the right side after a asymmetrical point.... if that makes sense at all. She said he was a main frame 8 and that point on the right which most people would call his G2 was deem a asymmetrical point. Which moved my mass measurements down the beam.

Comment

Pretty wild he was a net 58 typical and net 165 Non-TYP

Comment

Congrats brother!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                            Pretty wild he was a net 58 typical and net 165 Non-TYP
                            Pretty dang funny!

Comment

Amazing deer, to me it seems like he has double main beams on both sides!

Friendly advice, I would get rid of the Wildgame Innovations cameras, they didn't work for ....

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                                Amazing deer, to me it seems like he has double main beams on both sides!

Friendly advice, I would get rid of the Wildgame Innovations cameras, they didn't work for ....
                                I bought this wild game camera one day when I was in a rush and I wouldn’t buy another. It took pics but there aren’t very many options and the standard sensitivity settings are super sensitive. I was getting 300 pics a day of grass.

Comment

Working...
                                X