No announcement yet.

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! I am jealous. One of these days I will leave this blast furnace, for the cool mountains also.

Comment

House and barn this morning!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post

Looks awesome. Congrats to y’all for making the move. Idaho has long been on my list of places to visit. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the real estate market like up there? Cost of living?

Comment

First pic is postcard worthy, beautiful!

Comment

Saw this large herd feeding yesterday evening around the corner from my house, getting excited for spring turkey/bear and scouting.

Comment

My wife wants to move to Idaho. In for more information! Enjoy!

Comment

I love Idaho. Congrats to you. Did you buy a lifetime license before you left?

Comment

We are excited for our trip to Coeur d'Alene this summer. I need to book a couple of fly fishing trips while we are there. I need to find a way onto Gozzer Ranch course too!

Comment

Beautiful State, and cool pics of that herd visiting you. Good luck with your turkey and bear hunts this spring. Keep posting pics!

Comment

Born and raised here in Wyoming but my career took me to a bunch of states over the years, 10 of those in Austin, TX. Moved back home here to Casper 12 years ago and don't plan on leaving except for a few months a year during the hard winters when I retire.

There is nothing like the northern Rocky Mountains!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        We are excited for our trip to Coeur d'Alene this summer. I need to book a couple of fly fishing trips while we are there. I need to find a way onto Gozzer Ranch course too!
                        Hit me up before you come up so we can plan to grab a bite or a beer or something.

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                        Born and raised here in Wyoming but my career took me to a bunch of states over the years, 10 of those in Austin, TX. Moved back home here to Casper 12 years ago and don't plan on leaving except for a few months a year during the hard winters when I retire.

There is nothing like the northern Rocky Mountains!
                        I was born and raised in Texas, 8th generations back to San Augustine County. I love Texas, but it was getting too crowded, culturally changing, combined with the lack of outdoor opportunities (other than saltwater fishing for those near the coast) AND the unbearable heat, I was done.

The entirety of the Rockies are awesome. I love everything from NM to here and in between. That said, we could have moved pretty much anywhere and chose here so we like it the best.

Comment

I’d be torn too but if I just had to leave the lone star state and plant myself in central Montana in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hit me up before you come up so we can plan to grab a bite or a beer or something.

I was born and raised in Texas, 8th generations back to San Augustine County. I love Texas, but it was getting too crowded, culturally changing, combined with the lack of outdoor opportunities (other than saltwater fishing for those near the coast) AND the unbearable heat, I was done.

The entirety of the Rockies are awesome. I love everything from NM to here and in between. That said, we could have moved pretty much anywhere and chose here so we like it the best.
                            Congrats on your move. I love Idaho/Montana!

If I may ask, what do you do for a living to be able to move anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Congrats on your move. I love Idaho/Montana!

If I may ask, what do you do for a living to be able to move anywhere?
                              Well, one of the positive unforseen benefits of Covid partially. We are a two income household I own and operate multi-family properties, my wife works in diagnostic imaging. My property was already spread throughout the US so moving wasn't an issue. My wife was working from home three weeks a month then totally from home when pandemic hit. We asked her company what they thought about us moving and they said no problem, once the pandemic is over they would like her in the office 4 or 5 times a year and they will work travel into the budget. She manages a team of four in Houston, and will be back today from her first post-pandemic trip down. EDIT: Her boss lives in Wisconsin, some of her biggest clients are in Florida, and several of her co-workers live in Austin, so us moving wasn't a big deal to them.

It works out great because she is close to her sister that still lives in Houston so she gets to see her a lot, without having to buy plane tickets out of our pockets.

Last edited by BuckSmasher; 03-19-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Good on ya! That's a win/win!

Comment

Working...
                                X