Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lag in Construction after a recession.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether published or not, the overwhelming number of owners I have talked to privately, or have heard of comments they have made off the record, are only spending $ on required maintenance and very small "small cap" projects in the O&G Industrial sector.

ALL owners are "whispering" privately to wait and see what happens in the election.

If it goes Left, it goes South.

If it goes Right, it will go North. It should start off slow and then more than likely get to a point that there will be more work out there than people know what to do with.

And I'm only talking Mid and Downstream. Don't know anything about the Upstream market.

It became blatantly obvious during the year last year, there is not enough storage capabilities. And transportation was close to to full.

My prediction if T wins and gets past all the law suits, would be storage, pipeline, then process. In that order.

I am researching now which stock plays to buy. YES IT IS A RISK. AND BY NO MEANS AM I SAYIING YOU SHOULD TOO. I am just getting things in place should my PREDICTION be correct. Hopefully I am right and can make a little money along the way.

Mostly hope I am right for the men and women out there who's jobs/careers depend on the O&G. And the families that are profiting from their land as well.

JUST MY OPINION. NOT PROVEN.

Comment

Residential construction in N. Texas is gangbusters. We've had some builders put specs on hold until the lumber/structural panel market corrects itself. Print on Yellow Pine, especially 2x8 & 2x10 was down significantly for the second week in a row. That being said, it doesn't matter if it's free if you can't actually get into inventory. Supply is still short to non-existent for some LBM. OSB will still stay high for the foreseeable future due to the hurricanes affecting those areas with a high concentration of mills.

Comment

We're turning work away right now, booked through December. Who knows after that.

My opinion is as long as interest rates are low they will keep building no matter who is president.

Comment

Working...
        X