yamaha vz300btlr troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yamaha vz300btlr troubleshooting

background. i purchased new. it has never had a problem before this. 290 hrs.

mond. eve. backed trailer down the ramp, cranked up, and backed off trailer, noticed it was idling rough in neutral, looked down at command link gauge, it blinked 'CHECK ENGINE'. i looked back and had normal amount of h20 out of tattle-tell. I turned it off, parked the trailer/truck. took cowling off, check oil in tank, made sure fuel was in under cowling fuel filter, etc. all looked good. cranked it back up, NO rough idle, no check engine alarm. i idled around a bit to ensure temp stayed good. took off across the bay, ran like a champ.

waded a spot for 1.5 hrs. cranked up to go somewhere else. 'CHECK ENGINE' and rough idle in neutral and when placed into gear. decided to head back to ramp. no power. would not get on plane and stayed 2100rpm. so i started idling back to ramp. that got old after 30 min. i turned it off, and cranked back up 3x and the CHECK ENGINE AND ROUGH IDLE IN NEUTRAL AND IN GEAR disappeared. so i ran back to ramp at 3500rpm, it ran like a champ. ????????????

i don't feel as if there is water in system, it ran great w/out check eng code. something elect is keeping it from using other cyl's, and causing rough idle. any ideas? i changed my h20 sep. in aug, new plugs, etc, normal 12 month maint.

Without putting my hands on it the rough idle suggests to me a fuel problem. Drain the high pressure tank into a jar to check for water. Loosen the mount screws on the low pressure fuel pumps (i think you have 3 of them) and squeeze the bulb up and look for leaks behind any of them.

Comment

walker, forgot to post this a couple weeks ago. i changed out the neutral shift switch. that's all it was...thank goodness

Comment

Working...
      X